The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Sexual Health Issues

Notices

Sexual Health Issues If you need medical advice regarding your sexual health, ask Dr Tan. We are honored to have an In House Doctor who is here to help.

User Tag List

Old 13-07-2011, 05:57 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2800 / Power: 300
sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about Herpes - Updated May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmol1984 View Post
Hi, guys, can help me please:

I need to know if i have been infected with oral herpes HSV1.
70% of the adult population has HSV1 so the chances of you already being infected is extremely high.

However, most of those infected never have any symptoms so they're unaware that they harbor the virus.

The only way to know for sure is to go for a blood test. You can then test for both I and II.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
  4. Whores are for fucking not loving. Just fuck them and be done with it.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

scan this code for SBF updates
Old 13-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 9 / Power: 0
pmol1984 is Cool - loads of Potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboyfor View Post
70% of the adult population has HSV1 so the chances of you already being infected is extremely high.

However, most of those infected never have any symptoms so they're unaware that they harbor the virus.

The only way to know for sure is to go for a blood test. You can then test for both I and II.
thanks bro, but previously i have already taken test and have been cleared. So I wish to ask if this particular incident will put me at risk of being infected, and would i know if i have been infected by this episode for the first time, will I surely know (when cold sores start coming out) or will I still have to go test (if I can be infected and no primary symptoms show)...

thanks
Old 13-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Samster

that might be a bit confusing... let me rephrase: my question is...would someone who has been recently infected surely show signs of primary infection? Or would it just be a silent infection and one has to take a test to be sure whether he has been infected?
Old 13-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

sammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond reputesammyboyfor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
that might be a bit confusing... let me rephrase: my question is...would someone who has been recently infected surely show signs of primary infection? Or would it just be a silent infection and one has to take a test to be sure whether he has been infected?
Statistics vary but most sources seem to agree that 60% to 80% of those infected never show any symptoms or have a primary outbreak that is so mild that it goes unnoticed so any visual examination is of little value. The virus could be shedding without any visible cold sore.

If you're worried, all you have to do is go for a blood test. If you ask me, you sound rather paranoid. Your problem is probably more psychological than physical.
  3. If you do arrange social meetings through this site, do NOT reveal your primary sammyboy nick.
Sign up for Premium Membership for great discounts and whole host of other forum benefits. Premium Membership details.

Old 13-07-2011, 07:26 AM

Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

it is possible to get herpes from sharing a drink, and symptoms does not always show.. u should go for a blood test..

Quote:

thanks... I know some of you may think hsv1 is a small matter, but i'm a little worried.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here
Old 13-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Samster

how long should i wait after exposure to take the test?
Old 14-07-2011, 07:49 AM

Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute

read here
http://std.about.com/od/gettingteste...herpestest.htm

Various studies have investigated how long it takes from when genital herpes symptoms show up to when an individual tests positive on a blood test for HSV-2. As it turns out, the range varies a great deal, both between studies and between tests. For example the median time from symptoms to a positive HSV-2 blood test was:

HerpeSelect ELISA - 21 days for people who were HSV-1 negative and 23 days for people who were HSV-1 positive. (Ashley-Morrow et al. 2003)
Western Blot - 40 days for people who were HSV-1 negative and 47 days for those who were HSV-1 positive. (Ashley-Morrow et al. 2003)
Western Blot - 68 days. (Morrow et al. 2003)
Kalon ELISA - 120 days. (Morrow et al 2003)
Focus ELISA - 21 days. (Morrow et al 2003)

In other words, since it usually takes around 2 weeks for symptoms to show up, it's probably a good idea to wait at least a month or two before even considering getting an HSV-2 test after a potential exposure -- and you might want to consider getting retested after six months. Remember, after all, that those are only median times and that they were highly variable. Some infected people will seroconvert quickly, while others will take even longer before a herpes blood test accurately shows them to be positive.

Quote:
how long should i wait after exposure to take the test?

Old 14-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
read here
http://std.about.com/od/gettingteste...herpestest.htm

Various studies have investigated how long it takes from when genital herpes symptoms show up to when an individual tests positive on a blood test for HSV-2. As it turns out, the range varies a great deal, both between studies and between tests. For example the median time from symptoms to a positive HSV-2 blood test was:

HerpeSelect ELISA - 21 days for people who were HSV-1 negative and 23 days for people who were HSV-1 positive. (Ashley-Morrow et al. 2003)
Western Blot - 40 days for people who were HSV-1 negative and 47 days for those who were HSV-1 positive. (Ashley-Morrow et al. 2003)
Western Blot - 68 days. (Morrow et al. 2003)
Kalon ELISA - 120 days. (Morrow et al 2003)
Focus ELISA - 21 days. (Morrow et al 2003)

In other words, since it usually takes around 2 weeks for symptoms to show up, it's probably a good idea to wait at least a month or two before even considering getting an HSV-2 test after a potential exposure -- and you might want to consider getting retested after six months. Remember, after all, that those are only median times and that they were highly variable. Some infected people will seroconvert quickly, while others will take even longer before a herpes blood test accurately shows them to be positive.
thanks a lot for the info bro, but i'm asking about hsv 1 and not 2... can help me on this? did a google but can't really find much info...thanks..
Old 15-07-2011, 07:18 AM

it varies on people and the type of test kit they use..

http://www.ehow.com/about_5117588_lo...w-up-test.html

http://www.herpesonline.org/herpes_testing.html

Quote:
thanks a lot for the info bro, but i'm asking about hsv 1 and not 2... can help me on this? did a google but can't really find much info...thanks..

Old 15-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Samster

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2088 / Power: 23
Frankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
bro type 1 is not going to kill you...it is the most common type even kids gets it..
Old 19-07-2011, 10:43 PM
OIOIOさんのプレイメイト

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21454 / Power: 90
OIOIO has a reputation beyond reputeOIOIO has a reputation beyond reputeOIOIO has a reputation beyond reputeOIOIO has a reputation beyond reputeOIOIO has a reputation beyond reputeOIOIO has a reputation beyond reputeOIOIO has a reputation beyond reputeOIOIO has a reputation beyond reputeOIOIO has a reputation beyond reputeOIOIO has a reputation beyond reputeOIOIO has a reputation beyond repute

Herpes won't kill you. Just annoying when there is an outbreak. If you have it, be truthful to your love ones. I have been living with it for a couple of years, wife has it too and we have two lovely kids... so don't be worried...Herpes is way too common.
Old 20-07-2011, 12:45 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
Choco75 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Infected by licking?

Hi,

Can one get herpes from From licking the genetials?
Old 20-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Samster

Hi,

Can the receiver get herpes when the infected partner lick his penis?
Old 20-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Samster

Hi,
Will one get herpes from infected person licking on the penis?
Old 20-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Cyberspace Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choco75 View Post
Hi,
Will one get herpes from infected person licking on the penis?
Why don't you read the posts at the beginning of this thread you twit!

Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1