The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature

Notices

Coffee Shop Talk of a non sexual Nature Visit Sam's Alfresco Heaven. Singapore's best Alfresco Coffee Experience! If you're up to your ears with all this Sex Talk and would like to take a break from it all to discuss other interesting aspects of life in Singapore,  pop over and join in the fun.

User Tag List

Old 12-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Sam's RSS Feed Bot - I'm not Human. Don't talk to me.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 10000241 / Power: 3356
Sammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond reputeSammyboy RSS Feed has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Bloody Waste of Public Resources to Promote 1-Sided Merger Story Book by Old Dud

An honorable member of the Coffee Shop Has Just Posted the Following:

PM LEE: MY DAD’S ‘BATTLE FOR MERGER’ RADIO TALKS WON THE HEARTS OF THE PEOPLE

.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;} Post date:
11 Oct 2014 - 8:51pm

PM Lee Hsien Loong visited the National Library’s Battle for Merger exhibition and wrote about his trip on his Facebook page today saying that the radio talks that Lee Kuan Yew gave during 1961 were “crucial” in winning over the hearts and minds of the people.

The new exhibit showcases a compilation of notes and extracts of the 12 radio talks given by Lee Kuan Yew in 1961. The exhibition was launched along side the reprinting of the Battle for Merger book which was first published in 1962.

PM Lee wrote on his facebook that the talked given by his father were crucial in influencing public opinion and they told the inside story of the fight against the communists.

Mr Lee said that his father worked very very hard to write and deliver the radio talks. He recalled how when he was young, their family had taken a trip to Cameron Highlands so that his father could concentrate on writing the talks without having to worry as much about the day-to-day pressure in Singapore.
PM Lee described his father as “superhuman” for being able to make and deliver 36 broadcasts in just 1 month. The broadcasts had been given in English, Malay and Mandarin.
Here is PM Lee’s facebook status in full:

Visited the Battle for Merger exhibition at the National Library with my Teck Ghee activists. In 1961, Mr Lee Kuan Yew gave 12 radio talks, telling the inside story of the fight between the non-Communists and Communists, and explaining to Singaporeans what was at stake. Later he published the talks as a book, The Battle for Merger. The book has just been republished; hence the exhibition.

The radio talks were a crucial move in winning the hearts and minds of the people. It led to Singapore joining Malaysia, then Separation and today’s independent Singapore. Had Mr Lee and the non-Communist side lost, our history would have been totally different.

Mr Lee worked very very hard to write and deliver the talks. I remember the “family holiday” in Cameron Highlands in August 1961, which we took so that my father could compose the talks away from the day to day pressures in Singapore. His secretary came with us, and there were multiple drafts and redrafts all over the flat in Cluny Lodge.

I also remember following my father to Radio Singapore to record the talks. He broadcast 12 talks, in 3 languages, making a total of 36 broadcasts in just one month. Now that I have done my own talks and speeches, and know how much work goes into a single short broadcast, e.g. the National Day Message, I understand what a superhuman effort this was.

The subject was serious, but Mr Lee presented it simply and vividly. Singaporeans listened to the broadcasts eagerly. When the book came out, I read it, fascinated. I still have my old copy. It still reads like a thriller today.
After more than 50 years, Singapore has changed enormously, and vastly for the better. Most of today’s Singaporeans were born long after the broadcasts. They hardly know what the fight was about, why it mattered so much, and how it is still relevant today.

That is why for #SG50, we are republishing The Battle for Merger. Do look up the book, and visit the exhibition if you can. It's on the 7th floor of the National Library Building at Bugis until 30th November.– LHL

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.787501484645893.1073742023.125...

Click here to view the whole thread at www.sammyboy.com.
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1