The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > International Field Reports

Notices

International Field Reports Had a great time around the world? Tell us about it here!

User Tag List

Old 09-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1587 / Power: 21
vmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant future
Qn: Myanmar Travel

Hi, i have no idea which cat this qn falls in, so just post here.

Come june im planning on a trip to Myanmar to visit someone.
However, the place she stays in is Kengtong. I have checked with seevral agencies but unable to get transport there.
Only to Yangon.
Is there anyone familiar with this area can help me on it ? how to get to kengtong from Yangon or from singapore with the cheapest ways?
Old 09-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Samster

Location: On Holiday Mode Now. Hope my Enemies don't die while I am away. Hahaha
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 588 / Power: 23
siamcutey is a name known to allsiamcutey is a name known to allsiamcutey is a name known to allsiamcutey is a name known to allsiamcutey is a name known to allsiamcutey is a name known to all
Re: Qn: Myanmar Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmtech
Hi, i have no idea which cat this qn falls in, so just post here.

Come june im planning on a trip to Myanmar to visit someone.
However, the place she stays in is Kengtong. I have checked with seevral agencies but unable to get transport there.
Only to Yangon.
Is there anyone familiar with this area can help me on it ? how to get to kengtong from Yangon or from singapore with the cheapest ways?
Get her to go to Yangon and bring you to her place. Remember dun change FEC at the airport. Thats all.

SC

Those People who try to haolian how rich, how good they are in Sammyboy forum, in real life, we can call them Cannon Fairies.

Men will only be troubled by 2 issues.
1 is Money, 2 is Women.
When these 2 issues combined together, it becomes the biggest problem encountered for Men...

Old 09-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 136 / Power: 21
lucifier deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guylucifier deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

I believe that there is a airport in Kengtung which you can fly there from Yangon. You can try Yangon Airways or Air Mandalay. The web links are given below.

Take note that Kengtung is also known as Kyaingtong. (the offical name)

An alternative way for those who are more adventurous and have more time is to explore by land. The plan is as follows:

Chiangmai -> Mae Sai -> Tachileik -> Kengtung

Chiangmai and Mae Sai are on the Thailand side. Tachileik and Kengtung are on the Myanmar side.

Mae Sai is the border town on the Thailand whereas Tachileik is on the Myanmar side. The land route between Tachileik to Kengtung had some nice scenery.

I think you can also fly from Tachileik to Kengtung.

Some of the useful websites
http://www.mekongexpress.com/thailan...s/kengtung.htm
http://www.yangon-airways.com/
http://airmandalay.com
Old 09-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Samster

vmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant futurevmtech has a brilliant future

i tot of asking her to meet me in yangon but she doesnt have a mobile and if shit happens, contacting her will be fultil.. would rather her be at her province so i can contcat her.

going to maesai den go kengtong is kindda cheaper in a way (sg-ygn i checked, was $465) since kengtong is nearer to maesai rather den yangon (going to yangon seems like a big detour)

i understand i can go maesai by taking airasia to chiangrai frmo singapore. but from chiangrai to maesai how to go ar? where can i do the arrangement here instead of doing it when i reach chiangrai ?
Old 09-05-2005, 11:59 PM
Samster

Location: On Holiday Mode Now. Hope my Enemies don't die while I am away. Hahaha
My Reputation: Points: 588 / Power: 23
siamcutey is a name known to allsiamcutey is a name known to allsiamcutey is a name known to allsiamcutey is a name known to allsiamcutey is a name known to allsiamcutey is a name known to all

Quote:
i tot of asking her to meet me in yangon but she doesnt have a mobile and if shit happens, contacting her will be fultil.. would rather her be at her province so i can contcat her.

going to maesai den go kengtong is kindda cheaper in a way (sg-ygn i checked, was $465) since kengtong is nearer to maesai rather den yangon (going to yangon seems like a big detour)

i understand i can go maesai by taking airasia to chiangrai frmo singapore. but from chiangrai to maesai how to go ar? where can i do the arrangement here instead of doing it when i reach chiangrai ?
Like that I advise you to go maesai instead. With more maesai people around in here, you can get the help u want than going to yangon 1st then KT.

If you 1st timer to yangon and going alone, you will have a lot of trouble and problems. Bring your condoms too, cos I don't see any places selling them

SC

Those People who try to haolian how rich, how good they are in Sammyboy forum, in real life, we can call them Cannon Fairies.

Men will only be troubled by 2 issues.
1 is Money, 2 is Women.
When these 2 issues combined together, it becomes the biggest problem encountered for Men...

Old 10-05-2005, 08:03 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 136 / Power: 21
lucifier deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guylucifier deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Quote:

Hi,

I not sure whether Airasia fly to Chiang Rai. But I sure it fly to Chiang Mai. If from Chiang Mai to Mae Sai, I think it should take about 4-6 hours. The bus there is quite comfortable though. You can go there by taking the bus from the bus terminal. Note that there are several bus terminal in Chiang Mai. Take the right one. You had to buy ticket there first.

My advice is stay in Chiang Mai for 2 to 3 days, then proceed on to Mae Sai. I been to both places and Tachileik. I can give you advice if u need to.

The things is that you can enjoy at Chiang Mai, Mae Sai before going to Kengtung.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Samster

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1467 / Power: 20
Bangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud of

Quote:

Airasia doesn't fly directly to Chiang Rai from Sg. You will have to transit from Bangkok to go Chiang Rai. Just book it on the airasia website can already.If you arrived Chiang Rai airport, you can take the transport either limo cost 800baht or pick up cost 400baht to Maesai the distance is about 60km. If you want to stay in Chiang Rai for a few days, you can take the pickup to the Chiang Rai town which cost 80baht per head but will have to squeeze with the locals. There are a few hotels available near the soi in the bus station(Kon Song) and there are pubs along the road with happening action during the nite.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Samster

Talking Re: Qn: Myanmar Travel

haha thanks SC. Yeah, im quite warey about going to Yangon all by myself as well..
If go by Maesai, at least i think i will have a companion up to ChiangRai (mr.Bullocksman) haha. He's always enthu abt giong tehre, duno whu he knows there anyway :P~

Hmmm looking through the posts, i reckon that I have to reach ChiangRai 1st, b4 i can do any ground arrangement to Maesai? those transport Services are located within the Chiangrai airport or? wonder how long i have to wait to get the arrangement done. Damn paranoid about delays annd stuff, OR WORSE, cant get any arrangement done.
Old 11-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Samster

Bangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud ofBangkok Master has much to be proud of

Quote:

Hmmm looking through the posts, i reckon that I have to reach ChiangRai 1st, b4 i can do any ground arrangement to Maesai? those transport Services are located within the Chiangrai airport or? wonder how long i have to wait to get the arrangement done. Damn paranoid about delays annd stuff, OR WORSE, cant get any arrangement done.
When you arrived in the arrival hall, there will be transport services available in the airport or you can go outside and check out the budget pickups. That depends are you going to stay in Chiang Rai first or going to Maesai straight away.

If you're taking a bus from the Chiang Rai bus station to Mae Sai then you will have to arrange another transport to the border cos the Mae Sai bus station is far from the border.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Samster

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1311 / Power: 21
t123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud of

Bro when i was young i travelled to Burma through the same way you mentioned, but lots of restriction. down there seemed heavy security for such activities i think. how are you doing now?
Old 11-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by t123
Bro when i was young i travelled to Burma through the same way you mentioned, but lots of restriction. down there seemed heavy security for such activities i think. how are you doing now?

Okay Lah........still the same as before, so when are you coming to Bkk? I thought you had planned to cheong in Bkk? Pm me when you coming over!

The heavy security is because of the thai police are cracking down on illiegal immigrants and drugs using the highway to access to Bangkok. So it's normal to have police checkpoint after every 25km. My record was been check up to 8 times on my way back. On the way up is not a problem.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Samster

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1311 / Power: 21
t123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud oft123 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Bangkok Master]Okay Lah........still the same as before, so when are you coming to Bkk? I thought you had planned to cheong in Bkk? Pm me when you coming over!QUOTE]
Now stuck with work and probably have to wait till maybe august or sept or even later then I can go bkk. Maybe to pay my aunty a visit too.
Old 13-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 16 / Power: 0
bobosasa deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

To go to Kengtung or Kyaingtung (official name by the Junta) there a couple of ways:

1. Singapore - Yangon - Kengtung
You need to take a plane from Singapore to Yangon cheapest in MAI - Myanmar Airline International. This is a joint venture between Singapore and Myanmar and operate pretty safe and new planes. Should cost about $400. From Yangon, you can fly to Kengtung via Heho and Takilek on Air Mandalay. There is about 1 flight a day. Beware that flight schedule are highly unrealiable and prepare to be delayed for days. Last heard is that the scheduled flight from Yangon to Kengtung is no longer in operation. NOTE: do not take other domestic carrier other than Air Mandalay as they are highly unsafe due to lack of maintenance.

2. PREFERRED ROUTE - Bangkok - Chiang Rai - Mae Sai - Tachilek - Kengtung

take plane to bangkok (no brainer) then take Orient Thai or Air Asia to Chiang Rai (about 1500B). From Chiang Rai Airport, grab a limo (700B) to Mae Sai. If you can reach Mae Sai b4 noon you can make you way immediately to Kengtung otherwise stay one night (recommend Wang Tong 900B or Good Night House - 700B). From Mae Sai, walk across the bridge to Tachilek, at the Myanmar side, tell the custom you want to go to Kengtung for tour (IMPORTANT.. FOR TOUR!! not visit TIRAK). You will need to pay for a 14 day pass (cannot remember how much, about USD50), then exchange USD200 for the krappy tourist exchange notes or something (which is use to pay for hotel and other official services at stupid govt exchange rates). Once that is done.. you are set. Walk into Tachilek straight, you will come to a circle and there are plenty of white toyota stationwagon there.. if you do not know thai or burmese, you will need help to communicate. Assuming not communication issue you should pay about USD20 for a ride to kengtung on this vehicle, be sure to "buy" the front seat, otherwise you may end up sandwich between 2 smelly locals at the back seat. This vehicle have NO aircon and is quite uncomfortable and hot. Once the car is full, it will bring you to Kengtung in about 3-5 hours depending on traffic conditions. There are plenty of army check point along the way and you may or may not get into trouble (finger crossed). Once in Kengtung, you can stay in the Kengtung Hotel or Princess Hotel and all these hotel are quite junk but is the best you can get. There are NO taxi in Kengtung, only Motorcycles and Tuk Tuk like vehicle. If you don speak Thai Yai or Burmese, you will need some one to wait for you at the bus/car station across the Water Buffalo market in the city centre.

Things to NOTE:

- HANDPHONE does not work in Kengtung or for that matter about 5-6 km into Myanmar from Mae Sai.
- LANGUAGE is a big issue and one can get into trouble with the soldiers when you cannot speak burmese.
- Plenty of bandits around the country side, so don think this is USA and you can rent a car to move around.
- BRING THAI BAHT or USD and DON change more than you need. 1 thai baht will get you about 20 Myanmar Kyat (also call Baht by your Tirak if she is Thai Yai) in the black market.

if you need more info, PM me.

bobo
Old 28-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Samster (B)

My Reputation: Points: 154 / Power: 0
microstar is a Helpful and Caring Samstermicrostar is a Helpful and Caring Samster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobosasa
To go to Kengtung or Kyaingtung (official name by the Junta) there a couple of ways:

1. Singapore - Yangon - Kengtung
2. PREFERRED ROUTE - Bangkok - Chiang Rai - Mae Sai - Tachilek - Kengtung

Things to NOTE:
if you need more info, PM me.

bobo
Very good and detail information given by "bobosasa".
Old 28-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 101 / Power: 23
trick deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guytrick deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy

Bro VMtech,

i was told by my girl that travelling from Tacheleik Town to Keng tong is very unsafe. When i suggest to travel down to meet her parents, she would rather get her parents to Tacheleik Town to meet me. Especially like us who speak little or zero of their language and a single traveller... THINK TWICE...

Seriously, i also have a hesitation to go to Tacheleik initially and i promised myself not to wonder too far off the border at myanmar side.

As such, pls think of another alternative. Please take care of yourself before u can take care of her.

I also do a check on the flight thing.. airasia and thai airway goes to Chiangrai. I need a calculation and from SIN-BKK-CR cost about $300+ include taxes (return) and Thai airway cause $453. Where i choose the latter one. The good thing about Thai airway is if u going on weekend, u can take the 0745 from sin to bkk and transist to bkk - CR at 1030 bkk time. Will reach Chiangrai airport at 1150hrs.

Book a taxi from airport to Mae Sai will cost 500-600baht. ALternatively can book the taxi for full day at 1500bahts.

Me also a newbie.. going there in 7 days time........hehehe i miss her.

cheers,
Bro TRick

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1