The Asian Commercial Sex Scene  

Go Back   The Asian Commercial Sex Scene > For stuff you can't discuss with your Facebook Account > Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk

Notices

Soccer, Horses, and MBS/RWS talk With the IRs up and running, what better place to exchange tips and techniques on how to tip the odds in your favour! [Please note that with the passing of the Remote Gambling Act, Internet gambling links and Adverts are no longer allowed in this section.]

Fastgoal Image
Fastgoal : Reliable Score Service

User Tag List

Old 12-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Man City

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=293020&cc=4716

Yaya bags brace as City move on up

ManC put talk of dressing room disharmony aside 2 produce the perfect team display as Roberto Mancini's multi-million pound squad moved level on pts with Premier League leaders Arsenal.

City, without suspended former Hammers striker Carlos Tevez, dominated fr kick-off, & it was no surprised when Yaya Toure rifled in the opener on the half-hour mark.

The home side rallied aft the break & had appeals 4 a penalty turned down 4 handball against Yaya Toure.

However, the Ivory Coast midfielder then helped the visitors double their lead when his shot hit the post & went in off goalkeeper Robert Green, b4 substitute Adam Johnson wrapped things up with 9 mins left.

James Tomkins headed in a late consolation 4 the Hammers, who face a real battle 4 survival in 2011.

The visitors shld hv taken an early lead when Mario Balotelli - involved in a training ground bust-up with team-mate Jerome Boateng earlier tis month - missed his kick in the 6-yard box fr Jo's low cross.

West Ham looked 2 hit City on the counter-attack, but despite some promising runs fr Scott Parker, there were few options offered in the final 3rd.

Junior Stanislas fired his 25-yard free-kick high in2 the Sir Trevor Brooking Stand.

Upton Park nearly sparked in2 life aft 22 minutes when Stanislas cut inside the City box fr the left & drilled an angled strike goalwards, which Joe Hart did well 2 hold.

Yaya Toure ran through the West Ham rearguard, but his flick fr jz inside the penalty area lacked power.

City went in front aft 30 minutes aft a quick break when Gareth Barry fed the ball back 2 Yaya Toure jz inside the area.

Despite an attempted diving tackle by Jonathan Spector, the midfielder crashed his shot in2 the top corner.

The travelling supporters were chanting "We're going 2 win the league'' as the visitors went close 2 a 2nd goal when Pablo Barrera hacked Balotelli's header off the line.

The home fans, though, had little 2 cheer abt, with the atmosphere inside Upton Park very flat.

Parker remained industrious & created space 4 a 20-yard effort, which sailed harmlessly wide.

Julien Faubert did well 2 turn & whip the ball across the City penalty area, & Frederic Piquionne was unfortunate 2 see his header fly jz over.

West Ham needed some inspiration 4 the 2nd half, but there was little forthcoming - much 2 the frustration of the home support.

Victor Obinna drilled the ball in 2wards the near post fr the right, but Hart got there just ahead of Piquionne.

Yaya Toure tried his luck fr long distance with a fierce effort, but Green showed strong hands 2 pluck the ball out of the air.

There were more than a few hefty challenges being put in by both sides, as referee Phil Dowd did his best 2 let the game flow.

However, as the hour mark approached, Balotelli had pushed his protests 2 far & was cautioned.

Mancini withdrew Balotelli, sending on England international Johnson, possibly 2 avoid the temperamental Italian getting himself sent off.

It jz about summed up West Ham's afternoon when Obinna cut the ball back fr the byline, & Piquionne stepped over - only 4 Barrera 2 blast his shot high in2 the Bobby Moore Stand.

Tis was a good spell 4 West Ham now, as 4 the 1st time in the match, City came under some sustained pressure.

There were penalty appeals 4 handball against Yaya Toure as a corner came in, but with so many players jumping, it would hv been somewhat harsh.

Aft 73 minutes, Yaya Toure picked up the ball on the left, ghosted past marker James Tomkins & darted goalwards. His shot hit the near post, bounced off the unfortunate Green's back & in2 the net 4 an own goal.

Not surprisingly, all the spirit was drained fr the hosts, who continued 2 defend deep.

The home side were caught again when David Silva slipped in Johnson, who rounded Green & wrapped things up 4 big-spending City with 9 mins left, b4 Tomkins headed in a late consolation.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Samster

joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of

Kidd: Mancini work is paying off

Brian Kidd believes ManC r finally starting 2 show the qualities needed 2 last the distance in the race 4 the Premier League title.

"I think the work the manager has put in is absolutely fantastic,'' said City assistant manager Kidd. "His work ethic is fantastic, his passion & desire is 1st class.

"It doesn't come overnight, but the work we hv put in tis season & last is starting 2 show. I think the club r very lucky 2 hv him as manager. He is a winner. There is no way the boss will let the pressure get 2 him, he's 2 meticulous.''

With rivals Arsenal & ManU going head 2 head @ Old Trafford on Monday night & Chelsea, who r away 2 Tottenham on Sunday, also facing both in the hectic festive schedule, City could capitalise if they maintain form.

Kidd, though, insists no-1 @ Eastlands is getting carried away.

"You don't win anything in December, but if we r in the shake-up in March or April, we k start thinking abt it,'' the City assistant reflected. "People hv said abt the fixtures coming up, but you hv 2 make sure you win your games.

"It is not being flippant, becos it is a long haul in the Premier League & in the past, we hv seen tat some teams hv flattered 2 deceive.''

4 West Ham, it was another case of wat might hv been, as if referee Phil Dowd had awarded a spot-kick against goalscorer Toure, Avram Grant's relegation battlers may well hv taken something fr the game.

The Irons r still within striking distance of safety, but cannot afford many more defeats or they will be cut adrift.

"It was a penalty but the referee didn't see it. It could change the game but we don't want 2 complain,'' Grant said. "ManC were a better team then us, esp when we lost 7 players tat usually play. The boys r trying, tat is what is important 2 us.

"While we r not in the middle of the season there is time 2 turn it, but we do not like where we r. I don't know how many points we will need, but we k win 2 out of the next 3 games.''

Grant took Chelsea to the 2008 Champions League final, & also pushed United for the Premier League crown. The Israeli feels City could go on 2 lift the title in May.

"They could be champions, 4 sure,'' he said. "There is a big balance between the quality players, they weren't in the game then they k score a goal. They r also very physical. I am sure they k go on 2 win.''
Old 12-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nsfers&cc=4716

Tevez hands in transfer request

Carlos Tevez reportedly handed in a transfer request @ ManC ahead of his side's 3-1 win over West Ham on Saturday.

Tevez, 26, has long been rumoured 2 be unhappy @ Eastlands, but the latest developments hv shocked the club's billionaire owners, who may nw hv 2 part with him in the January transfer window.

The Argentine is reported 2 be stressed abt living away fr his 2 daughters, who r in Argentina, while his relationship with City's Italian manager, Roberto Mancini, has been stretched 2 breaking point.

Tevez reacted angrily 2 being substituted by Mancini last weekend & now 1s out of the club who paid around £30 million 2 persuade him 2 move away fr ManU.

The striker has netted 39 goals in 60 games 4 the club & rose 2 captain the side, but has always admitted tat he has fallen out of love with the game & could walk away fr it @ any minute.

A close friend of Tevez told ESPNsoccernet: "There is no offer 4 him, & it is not far off 2 say tat he might even walk away fr football becos of his personal problems."
Old 13-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=4716

Tevez lift lids on reasons for quitting

ManC striker Carlos Tevez has confirmed he 1s 2 quit Eastlands.

Tevez says his relationship with "certain executives & individuals" @ the club "has broken down beyond repair". Tevez stressed he has "no personal issue" with manager Roberto Mancini & thanked owner Sheikh Mansour 4 his "understanding & support".

Yet the Argentine striker made it clear he only sees his future as being anywhere but @ ManC.

Through a PR agency, Tevez released the following statement on Sunday evening: "Since signing 4 ManC, I hv enjoyed playing 4 the supporters. They hv welcomed me 2 the club & I regret tat it has come 2 tis.

"They deserve success as reward 4 their passionate & patient support. The club is very fortunate 2 hv supporters like these. Anybody who has watched me play 4 ManC cannot question my commitment & passion 4 the club whenever I hv worn the shirt.

"However, I k confirm I hv handed a transfer request 2 the chairman of ManC Football Club. Now I need 2 clear my head & think becos tis is an important part of my career. My feelings hv not changed & it is regrettable we hv reached tis situation but It is something I hv felt 4 some time & hv spent many hours thinking tis through.

"I wanted 2 leave in the summer, but was convinced 2 return 2 the club. Sadly, my feelings hv not changed. I hugely resent the management's suggestions tat I hv been unduly influenced by others. It was my decision & mine alone. I m disappointed tat the management shld now see fit 2 try 2 portray the situation in another light.

"My relationship with certain executives & individuals @ the club has broken down & is now beyond repair. I do not wish 2 expand on tis @ tis stage. They know, becos I hv told them. I wish 2 clarify tat I hv no personal issue with the manager Roberto Mancini.

"I could have signed an improved contract, offered by the club during tis season; however tis decision is not abt money. I hv made tat clear 2 both the board & the management on several occasions. The owner has been very generous with wat he has offered 2 me. I would like 2 thank Sheik Mansour 4 his understanding & support.

"I 1 2 thank the supporters 4 making me welcome @ ManC & hope they agree I hv given my all 4 the club on the pitch."

Tevez is said 2 be livid @ the club's statement insinuating tat he has been manipulated in2 tis decision by his representatives.

He is said 2 hv rejected a 1-off bonus 2 stay for the season, the biggest ever offered 2 a single player, but he turned it down becos nearly 6 mths ago, he had virtually made up his mind he wanted 2 quit the club.

It likely 2 make Tevez ever playing again 4 the club virtually impossible, & certainly unthinkable beyond the January transfer window & will intensify the pressure on manager Roberto Mancini & also the senior management team behind the scenes.

ESPNsoccernet has been given a full insight into the reasons why Tevez, the team's captain & talisman, 1s 2 leave.

Tevez has shocked the title challengers by submitting a formal transfer request, which has brought a reaction fr City in turning it down, & now Tevez will react by going public on his reasons 4 wanting 2 leave.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...nsfers&cc=4716

City reject Tevez transfer request

ManC hv released an official statement confirming reports tat Carlos Tevez has handed in a transfer request, & the club revealed they hv rejected the striker's demand.

Tevez has regularly threatened 2 quit English football, claiming he has lost his love of the game. The former ManU man's mood has not been helped by the fact he lives away fr his 2 daughters, who r in Argentina.

Relations with manager Roberto Mancini have grown increasingly strained during the course of the season, & it recently spilled in2 the public arena as Tevez launched a verbal volley @ his boss when substituted during the 1-0 win over Bolton.

A statement on City's official website read: "It is with disappointment tat we confirm 2 our supporters tat Carlos Tevez has submitted a written transfer request. The club can also confirm tat the request has been rejected.

"The club remains disappointed by tis situation & particularly with the actions of Carlos' representative. Roberto Mancini & all @ the club hv shown, & will continue 2 show, sensitivity 2 Carlos' personal circumstances including the issue of his family being based overseas. Indeed following his suspension as a result of the game against Bolton, Carlos requested, & was given, special dispensation by the manager 2 take leave overseas."

City clearly have not given hope of persuading their skipper in2 a Wayne Rooney-like U-turn, revealing tat the 26-year-old is keen 2 sign a new contract. The Eastlands outfit appeared 2 hint tat Tevez's transfer request is inspired by his advisors.

"The written transfer request is in stark contrast 2 Carlos' stated position in both public & club contexts," the statement continued. "Significantly, over recent months, the club has also received numerous requests fr Carlos' representative 2 renegotiate & improve his playing contract as well as more recently a request 2 extend tat contract by another year.

"However, in line with the club's policy of not negotiating playing contracts mid-season tis has not been granted. Carlos' current 5-year contract has 3-&-a-half years 2 run & he is the highest paid player @ the ManC Football Club.

"This is both an unfortunate & unwelcome distraction & the club will remain focused on the games ahead in wat is turning out 2 be a very promising season. The door remains open 4 Carlos 2 be selected 2 play."

With Tevez known 2 desperately miss his 2 daughters who r back home in Argentina, returning 2 South America is 1 option, as is retirement.

City hv tempted Tevez with the offer of a £100,000-per-week pay rise - which would take him up to £250,000-per-week - but the striker is reportedly so fed up @ Eastland's he never even considered the deal, & is in fact considering taking a pay-cut 2 ensure a transfer.
Old 15-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ngland&cc=4716

Tevez trains, talks set for Friday

Want-away ManC striker Carlos Tevez has returned 2 the club's Carrington training ground aft hving his transfer request rejected & will hv showdown talks with manager Roberto Mancini on Friday.

Tevez has not travelled 2 Turin with the squad ahead of Thursday's Europa League match against Juventus, although manager Roberto Mancini apparently made tat decision b4 the wkend, knowing the game was a dead rubber.

An insider close 2 club revealed: ''None of the big players hv been assigned 2 the Turin game. Mancini has alrdy left, but there will be a showdown with Tevez on Friday when he comes back.

''It's a time 4 cool heads & 1 would expect cool heads 2 prevail. Mancini & Tevez will talk abt the issues & we will wait/see wat the reaction is.''

With Tevez suspended 4 last Saturday's match against West Ham United the unsettled Argentinian international was granted leave by Mancini 2 spend some time with his family. However, the striker headed 2 Tenerife & then handed in a written transfer request, claiming his relationship with "certain executives & individuals" @ the club had "broken down beyond repair".

The striker later released a statement claiming he would be committed 2 the ManC cause if his plea was rejected & has returned 2 training as scheduled, although the transfer request has not been withdrawn.

Mancini is currently back in Italy 4 a minor operation & his 1st thoughts on the Tevez situation will come on Wednesday when the Italian hosts a press conference in Turin.

Tevez is 1 of a number of senior players 2 be rested, although Mancini has alrdy indicated tat former Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli will travel, even though he was racially abused by some Juventus fans last season.

City do not have a Premier League match until next Monday when they face Everton @ Eastlands.
Old 16-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Samster (M)

My Reputation: Points: 15 / Power: 0
petersim82 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

I really like mancity and i support it for many years already =)
Old 17-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Samster

when a team spends alot of $ & sits veri near 2 the top of the table, some ppl would pop out & declare tat he has been supporting tis club 4 many yrs.
Old 21-12-2010, 05:43 AM
Samster

My Reputation: Points: 42 / Power: 0
Davit30 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy

haha..
Its always the case..
Alot of pple like to support Favs.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...858651?cc=4716

Dzeko close to City switch - report

Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko is closing in on a Bundesliga-record €40 million move to Manchester City, according 2 reports in Germany last Wed.

Dzeko, 24, has made no secret of his desire 2 leave Wolfsburg & City hv been linked with a swoop 4 sometime, despite the Bosnian previously stating tat AC Milan would be his preferred destination.

But with City looking 2 consolidate their position in the upper echelons of the Premier League, Roberto Mancini is moving 4 Dzeko in a bid 2 boost his side's ability 2 challenge 4 the title.

The arrival of Dzeko would likely force the sales of Emmanuel Adebayor & Roque Santa Cruz, while Mario Balotelli - already struggling 2 earn a regular 1st-team place - is unlikely 2 welcome the Bosnian with open arms.

Mancini has confirmed tat he is a fan of Dzeko, with the Wolfsburger Allgemeine newspaper quoting Mancini saying: "We hv the chance 2 win the league tis year & the decisive factor could be Edin Dzeko. Tis player k decide titles & tat is why we 1 him.''

Wolfsburg's MD Dieter Hoeness declared last week tat his club is preparing 2 make major changes 2 the playing personnel aft a disappointing 1st half of the season.

Selling a player of Dzeko's talent may not be his preference, but the player's malaise @ the 2009 Bundesliga champions, who currently seem unlikely 2 provide him with the chance 2 play in the Champions League next season, may be 1 of the reasons the team has not been functioning since Steve McClaren took over as coach in the summer.

A fee of 40 million euros, which the Wolfsburger Allgemeine reports would be made up of an initial fee of 30 million euros with 5 million 2 follow in the case of City qualifying 4 the Champions League, while 5 million euros would go on signing-on & agent fees, would break the Bundesliga's transfer record.

Bayern Munich currently hold tat with their 30 million euros outlay on Mario Gomez fr Stuttgart in 2009. Diego's sale fr Werder Bremen 2 Juventus last year is the most expensive foreign sale 2date @ 27 million euros, while he returned 2 the Bundesliga last summer, joining Wolfsburg 4 a cut-price fee of 15.5 million.

And the Wolves r set 2 make a huge profit on a player they signed 4 just 4 million fr FK Teplice in 2007. He won the Bundesliga golden boot award last season aft coming runner-up 2 his team mate Grafite in Wolfsburg's championship-winning year.

He has already found the back of the net 10 times tis season, taking his overall tally to 66 in 111 games for the Wolves.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...otelli?cc=4716

Milan coach admits interest in Balotelli

Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has admitted he would welcum the chance 2 hv Mario Balotelli in his side, even if a move 4 the ManC star appears unlikely @ present.

Balotelli, who scored a hat-trick in a 4-0 win over Aston Villa on Tuesday, has repeatedly been linked with a possible move 2 Milan & is reported 2 be homesick & unhappy in England following his transfer fr Inter last summer.

The Italy international is a boyhood Rossoneri fan & has made no secret of his admiration 4 the side, even during his time with City rivals Inter when he was filmed wearing a Milan shirt.

While Allegri would be keen 2 coach Balotelli, he admits he would struggle 2 find a place 4 him @ present, given the club hv recently added Antonio Cassano 2 a list of forwards tat includes Alexandre Pato, Robinho & Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"I would willingly coach Balotelli," Allegri said. "But it would be difficult given tat we have so many champions in our team."

City manager Roberto Mancini remains determined 2 transform the unpredictable Balotelli into 1 of the Premier League's finest players @ Eastlands, despite suggestions tat the forward is struggling 2 adapt 2 life in England.

Team-mate Nigel De Jong, who himself has had a difficult period in his career following his leg-breaking tackle on Newcastle's Hatem Ben Arfa in October, says Balotelli must focus on producing on the pitch, rather than courting controversy.

"Everything is a mental thing & abt character," De Jong said. "Wat doesn't break you can't kill you & tat's wat I hv tried 2 tell Mario. Just try 2 do your best & let other ppl talk abt you.

"I'm still the same Nigel de Jong tat I was. It's not abt changing your game, it's abt getting your head down on the pitch. It's abt talking with your feet & less with your mouth. Tat's wat I had 2 do & tat's my mentality. Tat's also why I try 2 bring it 2 the guys in the dressing room, like Mario.

"He is still a young lad. He is coming back fr a difficult couple of weeks, but he is still here & the team is there 2 help him. You k only becum a great player by working hard every day, though, & believing in yourself, with the backing of your team-mates. We will provide tat, but he has 2 do the rest himself."

Meanwhile, City striker Roque Santa Cruz has rejected the chance 2 join Lazio on loan, according 2 the Italian club. Santa Cruz is expected 2 leave City in January, with the club closing in on Edin Dzeko, but 1s a permanent move away fr Eastlands.

"We take in2 account Santa Cruz's reaction & his desire 2 make any transfer permanent," Lazio president Claudio Lotito said. "We r aware of tis & consider it a wise decision 4 him. It's no coincidence tat Lazio seek a strong rapport with their players & therefore understand his questions & ambitions."

City remain in talks 2 sign Dzeko from Wolfsburg, but assistant manager Brian Kidd was unwilling 2 discuss the deal in a press conference on Thursday.

"At the moment it is just speculation," Kidd said. "The window hasn't opened. It's the usual story isn't it, 'No buy, no sell, no tales 2 tell'. @ the moment it's just speculation with a lot of players being thrown in the pot.

"There is only 1 man who decides [whether Dzeko is a player of interest], & that's the boss [Roberto Mancini]. I don't think it's rite 2 speak abt other players @ other clubs."
Old 03-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Samster

http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove...l_the_show.php

Dzeko set to steal the show

Edin Dzeko's move 2 ManC looks set 2 happen very soon, & with it the January transfer may be receiving its biggest transfer b4 it has even started.

Widespread reports, & fr Germany especially, suggest tat Wolfsburg will cash in a player who has been linked with the Premier League 4 sometime. City, of course, r the club with the wherewithal 2 buy the Bosnian so expect him 2 be the final piece in the jigsaw/the new Rodney Marsh '72 edition.

http://blogs.soccernet.com/onthemove..._demands_1.php

Dzeko's crazy wage demands

With City seemingly struggling 2 offload the likes of Wayne Bridge, Shaun Wright-Phillips & Emmanuel Adebayor due 2 their exorbitant wages, you'd think they'd knw better than 2 offer another player crazy wages.

Edin Dzeko, the Wolfsburg striker widely expected 2 move 2 Eastlands in January, has been offered £125,00 a week according 2 the Mail on Sunday. Crazy money, we're sure you'll agree, but the paper also claims tat Dzeko isn't happy abt tat & 1s £180,000 a week. City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak is apparently stepping in 2 sort things out: Dzeko will be offered £150,000 a week. He'll also cost £30 million. Those UEFA financial fair play rules r going 2 cause problems, aren't they?
Old 08-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ue-vow?cc=4716

Dzeko makes Champions League vow

Bosnia striker Edin Dzeko is determined 2 lead ManC in2 the Champions League 1s he has completed his January transfer 2 Eastlands.

City hv alrdy agreed a £27 million fee with German club Wolfsburg & the player has passed a medical, but Dzeko is yet 2 finalise the details of his expected 5-yr contract.

The 24-year-old, who must also wait 4 his work permit application 2 be approved, expects the deal 2 go thru soon & is eager 2 prove his quality in the Premier League & Europe.

"After reaching the Champions League with Wolfsburg a couple of seasons ago, I don't 1 2 go back 2 a lower standard," Dzeko said. "I 1 2 keep testing myself against the best, & hope I k help make tat happen with City."

Dzeko has scored 66 goals in 111 Bundesliga games 4 Wolfsburg & finished last season as the league's top scorer.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...y-move?cc=4716

'Ambitious' Dzeko joins City

Edin Dzeko claimed he was excited abt playing with Carlos Tevez aft he sealed a lucrative move 2 ManC on Friday evening.
Dzeko, who has scored 10 goals 4 a struggling Wolfsburg side tis season, joins City in wat is believed 2 be a £27 million deal, bolstering an attack tat already features Tevez & Mario Balotelli.

City hv handed the Bosnia international the No. 10 jersey previously worn by Robinho, & Dzeko has signed a 4-&-a-half year deal. His debut is expected 2 come @ home 2 Wolves next weekend.

"It has been a long time tat I hv been linked with the club going back 2 last summer but Wolfsburg did not 1 2 sell me until today," Dzeko said on City's official website. "There was too much speculation in the papers but my head is always clear. I was always attracted most 2 joining City.

"They hv been playing well tis season. I hv watched them a lot on tv. Nw the speculation is over & I just 1 2 do my best."

The 2008-09 German Footballer of the Year acknowledges the fact tat he is joining a club awash with money, but he insists it is the chance 2 play with top players, not the financial incentive, tat attracts him 2 Eastlands.

"Everybody speaks abt City hving lots of money but it is not abt tat. It is abt ambition & I hv spoken 2 coach [Roberto] Mancini & he told me 'tis is the best club 4 u'," Dzeko explained. "City r playing 4 1st place in the Premier League & tat is what I 1. I m excited 2 play alongside players such as Tevez & Yaya Toure who I hv only seen on the tv & 2 be in the same team as players I hv played against such as Jerome Boateng & Vincent Kompany.

"They will help me achieve my goal 2 be better in the future. I 1 2 show the fans why the club paid the money 4 me. Every1 expects goals & I 1 2 score them but most of all I 1 2 contribute 2 a successful team. I don't 1 2 talk abt my skill - tat is 4 other people 2 judge. However, I know my quality & when I m fit I am not afraid of a challenge."

Boateng has had previous clashes with Dzeko during his time @ Hamburg, & he promised City fans tat they hv every right 2 get excited by the club's 9th acquisition under Mancini.

"Dzeko has everything," Boateng said. "He k shoot right, left & k head the ball 2. He is a very strong striker. He is a quality player. Against Hamburg he always played well & seemed 2 score, it was always a big challenge. He k hold the ball well & he knows hw 2 move with his body. He has a good eye 4 the goal."
Old 23-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report/_/id/293000?cc=4716

Aston Villa 1 - 0 ManC - Bent opens account

Aston Villa striker Darren Bent showed why his £18million transfer fee could prove $ well spent with the winner against title-chasing ManC @ Villa Park.

The former Sunderland player, who joined Villa on Tuesday in a club-record deal, broke the deadlock with his 1st clear-cut opportunity aft 18 minutes.

With their £59million strike force of Carlos Tevez & Edin Dzeko, the visitors dominated 4 long spells but struggled 2 find a way past Villa's rock-solid defence in which James Collins & former City centre-back Richard Dunne were outstanding.

And the result means City are now 3 points behind Premier League leader Manchester United & hv played 2 games more.

Villa held on to register only their 2nd win in 11 league games & it lifted them further away fr the bottom 3.

It also gave them revenge 4 the 4-0 mauling @ Eastlands last month.

Villa had a let-off aft 16 minutes when an inswinging corner fr Aleksandar Kolarov caused problems but neither Dzeko nor Tevez could apply the decisive touch fr close range.

Aft 18 mins Villa Park erupted when Bent converted his 1st chance 4 his new club.

Gabriel Agbonlahor found Ashley Young in space & his curling effort was parried aside by Joe Hart.

But Bent was 1st 2 react 2 the rebound & slotted it in2 the corner of the net.

City tried 2 retaliate & Brad Friedel produced a fine save 2 tip Vincent Kompany's header over the bar fr Kolarov's corner.

Ciaran Clark became the 1st player 2 be yellow-carded aft bringing down Dzeko.

Young almost picked out the late run of Bent with a fine pass but the ball skidded off the surface.

Hart was also alert 2 cut out a similar ball fr Agbonlahor aimed @ the former Sunderland player.

Former Villa captain Gareth Barry went close 2 bringing City level aft 37 mins when his glancing header slid past the far post fr Jerome Boateng's threatening ball in2 the box.

Young got plenty of power behind a low 20-yard drive in the last minute of the half but Hart had his body behind the ball.

City continued 2 press @ the start of the 2nd period.

Collins blocked a shot fr Dzeko aft the striker had cut inside following good play by David Silva.

Dzeko got on the end of a corner fr Kolarov but could not keep his header down.

Mancini made his 1st change aft 57 minutes with Adam Johnson replacing Barry who was jeered by home fans as he left the pitch.

Collins again did well 2 block a drive fr Tevez.

But Friedel knew little abt keeping out a powerful low drive fr Boateng which bounced off him & away 2 safety.

Dzeko looped a header past the post & the pressure increased fr the visitors.

@ the other end, Hart was called in2 action 2 turn a dipping drive fr Young away 4 a corner.

Kolarov was booked aft 69 minutes 4 bringing down Marc Albrighton.

Cuellar threw his body in front of a drive fr Dzeko 2 typify Villa's fighting spirit.

Downing cut in fr the right but his rising effort did not over extend Hart.

Collins produced another superb block 2 deny a Tevez volley as the game entered the final 10 minutes.

Clark deflected a 25-yard shot fr De Jong against a post with Friedel stranded, & then Dzeko headed wide fr close range when it seemed easier 2 score.

In a rare Villa attack Young poked the ball wide @ the near post fr Albrighton's cross, but 1 goal was enough.

Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier hailed the instant impact made by record signing Darren Bent.

"The finish was tat of a natural-born finisher, something you cannot teach somebody," he said. "Tat is wat he is here 4, 2 score goals.

"Roberto Mancini told me b4 the game tat I'd signed a great player & tat is a tremendous start 4 him.

"I thought the boy handled the pressure very well. He had settled in well during the week, knows a lot of players fr the international scene, & I felt he was ready 2 play."

Houllier also praised the fighting spirit demonstrated by his side as they made amends for a 4-0 drubbing by City @ Eastlands last month.

He said: "Tat defeat really affected us & we were @ rock bottom then, but since the start of the new year things have got better & tis game epitomised wat we 1 2 do.

"We showed tremendous resolve against a very good side & also rode our luck @ times."

City assistant manager Brian Kidd believes the title is Manchester United's 2 lose aft tis setback but is confident City will respond in the right manner & keep their season on track.

He said: "United r going very well. They r undefeated. I always thought it was United's title 2 lose many weeks ago, but tis is only a blip. It is already history & we will put it behind us.

"We didn't show enough urgency in the 1st half but in the 2nd period it was a different story.

"We put Villa under severe pressure & full credit 2 them 4 a great defensive performance."

Kidd added: "Our aim @ the beginning of tis season was 2 get in the top 4. We lost @ Everton & responded very well & I'm sure we will respond in the right fashion in the coming games."
Old 23-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...terest?cc=4716

Lukaku's agent confirms City interest

The agent of Belgian starlet Romelu Lukaku has confirmed tat ManC hv joined the race 2 sign the highly-rated youngster.

Lukaku, 17, has been playing 1st team football 4 Anderlecht since he was 16-years-old & is already a regular 4 Belgium at international level.

Almost every major club in Europe, including all of England's big clubs, hv been tracking the striker, who has scored 13 goals in 20 games tis season.

Christophe Henrotay, Lukaku's agent, told Belgian Sport magazine: "I hv very good contacts with ManC, but they r only 1 of the clubs 2 ask abt him. There is no concrete offer or agreement.

"City did ask me 2 be keep informed, if other clubs insisted on him," Henrotay continued. "If some1 leaves ManC, it is not impossible things could be accelerated - but you hv seen the attackers there, but there is also the other clubs who r interested."
Old 03-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Samster

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=292894&cc=4716

Birmingham 2 - 2 Manchester City

Gardner spot on for Blues

Craig Gardner was Birmingham's hero 4 the 2nd time in a week as he dealt a blow 2 ManC's fading title hopes @ St. Andrew's.

Gardner had scored the goal which earned Alex McLeish's side victory over West Ham in the Carling Cup semi-final & followed that up with a late equaliser fr the penalty spot as his side salvaged a precious point.
The visitors twice led thru Carlos Tevez & Aleksandar Kolarov but were pegged back by Nikola Zigic & then Gardner's 6th goal of the campaign.

It means they are now 8 points adrift of Premier League leaders Manchester United & hv played a game more.

There was no doubting the quality of Roberto Mancini's side & Tevez was a constant threat. But Birmingham's never-say-die attitude surfaced yet again with on-loan David Bentley & veteran Barry Ferguson impressing.

Edin Dzeko posted an early warning 2 the home side when his low cross was cut out by Ben Foster. But aft 4 mins Tevez converted his 17th goal of the campaign.

David Silva was allowed 2 break in2 the Birmingham box b4 finding Tevez. His shot fr a narrow angle took a slight deflection off Martin Jiranek b4 bobbling in2 the far corner of the net.

Tevez took up another good position 2 latch onto a reverse pass fr James Milner. But he failed 2 make full contact with his shot & Foster saved comfortably.

Joe Hart was seriously tested for the 1st time aft 15 mins when he tipped over a volley fr Zigic.

Birmingham started 2 get a foothold in the game & drew level thru Zigic in the 25th min. Bentley angled in a low free-kick fr on the left flank & Zigic was 1st 2 react @ the near post in deflecting the ball past Hart.

The visitors were rattled aft their early dominance & Nigel de Jong was yellow carded 4 bringing down Bentley.

Micah Richards was stretchered off jz aft the half-way mark when he bravely won the ball in the air but then collided with De Jong. He was replaced aft a lengthy delay by Kolo Toure.

Aft 41 minutes a superb strike fr Kolarov restored the lead 4 the visitors. Gardner paid the price 4 bringing down Dzeko on the edge of the area as Kolarov's powerful shot curled in2 the corner of the net.

Bentley was posing a threat & Kolarov was booked 4 a rash challenge on the on loan Tottenham player. Mancini made a half-time switch with Patrick Vieira replacing De Jong.

Bentley was only jz 2 high with a dipping drive fr jz outside the box as the action got under way again.

At the other end Jerome Boateng would hv been disappointed not 2 test Foster more seriously aft good play by Dzeko.

Birmingham retaliated but Jiranek completely mis-kicked fr 12 yards out & Johnson headed just wide fr a deep Bentley centre.

Tevez was linking up well with Silva & Foster did well 2 block a shot fr the Argentinian aft a diagnol run.

Birmingham levelled 4 the 2nd time aft 77 mins. Vieira fouled fellow substitute Kevin Phillips inside the penalty area & up stepped Gardner 2 hammer the spot-kick past Hart in2 the roof of the net.

In the last min Hart tipped over a deflected effort fr the alert Phillips.

Kolarov was inches wide with a free-kick in the dying seconds.

Mancini angered by late penalty

ManC manager Roberto Mancini branded Birmingham striker Kevin Phillips a diver when earning the penalty which earned his side a 2-2 draw.

Mancini said: "It was a disappointing result 4 us & we can't keep conceding 2 goals every game. It is impossible 2 win if you do tat every time & the gap @ the top @ tis moment is 2 much.

"But it isn't a penalty. It is nothing. It is impossible 4 tat 2 be a penalty. He dived, the player (Phillips). I don't understand how the referee gave the penalty. When he loses the ball, he goes (down).

"Tat decision was costly 4 us. We didn't play well but it was not a penalty.''

2 add 2 Mancini's woes, defender Micah Richards was taken 2 hospital suffering fr concussion aft colliding with his own player midfielder Nigel De Jong.

Mancini said: "Micah is in hospital. I hvn't spoken 2 him & I don't know wat's happened but it is concussion. He lost consciousness & he is in hospital.''

De Jong also suffered an ankle set-back on a night of frustration 4 the visitors.

But Birmingham manager Alex McLeish hit back @ Mancini's verbal attack on Phillips & claimed it was a legitimate penalty.

McLeish said: "If you look @ the penalties given against us tis season, they've been much softer than tat. I'm sure ManC hv had their fair share of the dubious kind.

"Kevin has flicked the ball past Vieira & he has clattered in 2 him. Tat is a foul. Kevin was 2 quick 4 him. Vieira collided with him. Kevin never dived. Kevin is not a diver. He is a true English gentleman.''

McLeish was impressed with the contribution of Phillips who had also gone close with a dipping volley 2 earning his team victory.

The former Scotland boss said: "Kevin gave us some quality & class. He was very bright.''

Birmingham again showed the fighting qualities which hv been inbred in 2 them by McLeish 2 earn a precious point in their battle 2 survive in the top flight.

McLeish said: "We deserved the draw. We shot ourselves in the foot by giving away a couple of silly goals but we were excellent in the 2nd half. City moved the ball well & hv great footballers in Silva & Tevez while Dzeko will bring a lot when he is really fit.

"But we had a right go ourselves @ them in the 2nd period & were more in their faces.''
Advert Space Available
Bypass censorship with https://1.1.1.1

Cloudflare 1.1.1.1