View Single Post
Old 16-01-2021, 10:22 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2839 / Power: 10
Iceman11 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman11 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman11 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman11 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman11 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman11 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman11 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman11 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman11 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman11 has a reputation beyond reputeIceman11 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Do your friends abandon you when you have hardship?

Well said for these particular 3 points.

Point 3 - I found it really hard to understand why is that so difficult for people to say “thank you” and “sorry” these days, especially for those that are even closer, is the society really sick ?

Point 6 - speaking on own experience, the more you help the more they start take things as granted and when you reduce help, they start to blame you.

Point 9 - personal experience again, helped a long time close Friend by bringing him to same company work directly under me after he lost his previous job, protected him like own brothers and made him shine, at the end he turned around and said to me “you can be at where you are now all because of me making you look good”

My conclusion is ... there is still true friendships ... but perhaps these are “Dinosaurs” (mostly extinct)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeJesus View Post
Hard lessons I learnt:

3) Never give unsolicited advice and help of significance. Most people, least in SG will never even say "thank you".

6) The duration of the friendship does not matter, people can just walk out due to convenience. Doesn't matter if you helped them many times in the past. In fact, I never ever brought them up nor use them as an emotional blackmail.

9) Do not expect reciprocation in a friendship, no matter how long the friendship duration. Give what you deem appropriate and be done with it. For my case, I would never give anything again.
[/B]