View Single Post
Old 26-11-2022, 10:52 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1548 / Power: 4
guyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant futureguyorgirl has a brilliant future
Re: My Boss & Colleague - Janice

CNY Day 4

A hammer dropped on my head. No, not the metal kind, it was one of those soft toys that she actually kept in office and uses it to 'abuse' us. She made it clear it's only for laughs and if anybody is offended, she won't do it to them. None of us actually minded because it is rather hilarious in itself to get 'hammered'.

gog: Ow!!!

J(anice): Huh? I hit you very hard ah? Sorry sorry!!

She's really naive and nice.

gog: Who are you? What am I doing here? Where am I???

J: *waves a red packet*, now can remember?

gog: Thank you boss!!!!

I tried to snatch but she was faster. Wayyyyyyy faster.

J: Uh uh uh!! No oranges, NO red packet!

gog: Later I give you la.

J: You lie, give me oranges or forgo your red packet.

I forgot from whose table I stole the oranges and went to greet her in person for the CNY and she blessed me with the red packet.

gog: Happy CNY Boss!! *stretches out oranges*

J: Happy CNY gog, may you have health and wealth this very year.

I took the red packet, and went out of her room. Probably just $10 like the rest. I probed my junior - let's call her Amy.

gog: Amy, how much did you get? The market rate went up? Or down?

A(my): Wait...

Amy flipped the packet upside down and I was right, out slid a $10.

A: $10! Yay, my lunch settled.

gog: That's bribery! You will now be forced to work longer hours!

You know how you can get a 6th sense sometimes? I felt something amiss, and yes. the hammer toy came down on me again, this time on my shoulder.

J(anice): Bribe your head, you don't bully A, get back to work la!

Wah lao, like that also kena scolded.

I left the packet in my bag and forgot about it until I got home. I took it out and something felt wrong, it was thicker than usual. I pulled out the contents and I found a note, and a 2 $100 notes.

The note went:

Dear gog,

Thank you for being such a supportive friend, we have been working for the past year and coming soon to a full year. Thank you for being a friend, co-worker and fellow brother.

-- signed J.

I still have the note, the original red packet and also the 2 $100 notes today. I can't bear to use it, nor throw the note or red packet away.

On a lighter side of things:

gog: Wah, why so generous?

I initiated a WA conversation.

J(anice): What?

gog: $200??!?!?

J: Oh... if you feel bad, you buy me lunch tomorrow la!

gog: Okay! Instant cup noodles from 7-11 downstairs!

J: El-cheapo leh you.

gog: Ok ok. you decide, I'll drive.