View Single Post
Old 21-02-2021, 02:25 PM
Samster (Donor)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4030 / Power: 17
Penguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to end a FB relationship cordially

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackstageBambi View Post
Hey all, thanks to those who have left comments.

Well the main issue is that this current fb is starting to have some etiquette issues. He’ll text to ask if I’m available, but if I can’t make it and I request to reschedule, he doesn’t reply after. He just leaves me hanging without even replying. I am starting to find this really rude of him. I believe there should be a basic level of courtesy right? At least reply and not ghost me on text. So it’s an issue of etiquette.
He's treating you as an option, not a priority and he's not according you even some basic level of respect. There is no need to be too considerate in putting your message across, just tell him point-blank that you are not happy and that you two should take a break.

Tough as it may be, honesty is really the best policy. There is no point inventing an imaginary bf with whom you are looking to develop a serious relationship as an excuse for the "break". This type of character needs to be taught a lesson, it needs to sink in that his FWB (i.e you) left because your life is simply better without him, and not because you found someone better. That's a powerful message to send across.