Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 54 / Power: 2
freshstartm deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Friends or lovers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoslord View Post
It's good to see you are getting more experience over time. Each failed relationship builds towards a better foundation for the next.

But bro - you need to stop mindfucking yourself.

Relationships 3/4/5 unfortunately was down to your own volition.

#3 - This was purely sexual and by the sounds of it you really enjoyed it. Let's chalk this up as a win.

#4 - So this was paid companionship. But you made a big deal out of it by saying it was for the money. Was it? Of course it was! But why is that a big deal? Because she did not like you for who you are? For your character? Money is a big part of any relationship and this extends towards your marital partner as well. Money can't solve all problems but it can solve 80% of them.

#5 - Nothing has happened yet and you decided to kill the relationship before you have even met. This is abit silly no? How does keeping your distance help? You effectively determined the relationship was a "fail" with this decision without giving it a chance to let something happen. 1% of success is better than 100% of failure.

Sorry for sounding abit harsh. But I do think you are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overthinking things. Keep things light hearted and casual and don't read too much into individual actions and the correlation on what that has on you. Often we are not the target of such actions but our minds tells us otherwise and always assumes the worst in many cases.
Thanks bro. Actually I decided to just stay friends with #5 , because she just went through a bad breakup with her boyfriend and is not interested in dating right now. Still haven't completely given up on 3 or 4 yet, but like you said, maybe I'll try to take it easy for a while and see what happens. These girls were all fun at first at least.