View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Samster (M)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: -7 / Power: 0
kuasimi is under Moderation till he learns how to behave
Re: 14-year-old jumps to his death after unaccompanied police interrogation for Moles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campro View Post
Why was the police involved if it is a minor? I thought children under certain age are not supposed to be in police custody. I share my own experience.

Many years ago after PSLE I was posted to a neighborhood secondary school. Many of my friends from primary were also posted there too so naturally we became quite a close knit group. We would often play soccer at the basketball court of the nearby CC after school. Nearby to the CC was an ITE. Some of their students would also play soccer at the basketball court sometimes and we always give each other space. However, one day due to some misunderstanding both of our groups clashed. It was a blur and I can only remember more than twenty of us students fighting each other. The police came and teachers from our school and the ITE also came to the scene. The police separated us and then wanted to bring us all back to the police station. Our school discipline master stopped them and refused to let us go up the police vans. After making a few phone calls he told the police inspector in charge to take the call and listen to orders.

We did not go to the police station. Instead all of us were brought to the CC's Boys club and told to remain inside while they investigated the matter. This was done by the CC staff and the school teachers from both our school / ITE. The police were told to stay outside and not involved.

End of the day none of the students involved were brought back to the police station although we each got a public caning during school assembly. It was during this incident that I also learnt from the CC manager that the police cannot arrest children under a certain age. I am sure the law has not been changed although more than 20 yrs ago.
Thank you brother.

This is a valuable sharing of information.

This applies to anyone who have kids.