View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 01:28 PM
Samster (Donor)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3980 / Power: 17
Penguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond reputePenguin23 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dirvorce proceedings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvbreast View Post
Congratulations, your divorcing process was exactly what my lawyer told me in terms of peaceful divorce...in essence both parties decided to end the marriage and was able to settle amicably...one of the best way to move especially for the children.

You mentioned that your bill came to be $2k, so the grand total for you and your ex-wife is $4k?
Yes, correct although the lawyer spent more time with my ex-wife, they had some minor consults and answered technical questions. The only thing her lawyers did for me was to help draft our agreement, which was already typed nicely via Whatsapp between the two parties so it was a very easy $4K for them and zero fuss for me. I will not fuss over how the last $4K is split, that would have been super senseless

Just remember that in a contested divorce, only the lawyers win.