View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sexual Health News

'JUST DEVASTATING' Mum shares shocking pics of six-month-old baby daughter who contracted herpes
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/110833...-pictures/amp/
By Lucy Laing
2nd March 2020, 8:30 pm
Updated: 3rd March 2020, 7:03 am

DISTRESSING images show a baby girl with herpes — a virus which can be transmitted by a single kiss.
Little Oarlah was rushed to hospital aged just six months amid fears she could go blind.

She contracted the virus despite mum Hollie Cruickshanks imposing a kissing ban after her birth.

Viral spots and sores spread from Oarlah’s body, across her head and face and even got into her left eye.

Hollie, 21, said: “When I saw those, I was filled with horror. I knew she could be blinded because of it.

“The thought of her losing her sight was just devastating.”

Oarlah was on a drip in hospital while Hollie and partner Bradley Airlie, 21, faced an anxious wait for news.

Luckily, tests showed the tot’s eyesight was not damaged and the swelling reduced after 24 hours.

Hollie, from Dundee, gave birth in November 2018.

‘FILLED WITH HORROR’
While pregnant, she saw a post on Facebook from a mum whose baby caught herpes from a kiss.

Hollie said: “I was horrified. People thought I was paranoid when I said I didn’t want anyone kissing Oarlah but I’d seen what it could do.

“I couldn’t help myself and I kissed her on the forehead when she was born, but then I banned all her visitors from kissing her.

“I tried to protect her and she still got this horrible virus but the doctors told us that it could also be transferred on the hands too.”

Hollie says Oarlah, now 15 months, has made a full recovery, but added: “I still don’t let anyone kiss her.

“It was just bad luck she got this. We feel very lucky she came through it.”

Unwise to kiss if sick
By Carol Cooper, Sun Doctor HERPES viruses are very contagious and the first time a person catches it is usually the worst.Around 90 per cent of people are thought to carry herpes, but very few babies catch it.When my children were young, I was reluctant to let people kiss them.It’s certainly unwise to kiss or touch a baby if you have an active infection of anything.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here