Thread: Man City
View Single Post
Old 29-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 8176 / Power: 22
Glen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond reputeGlen2712 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Man City

Passionate City fans get Bianchi's backing

Rolando Bianchi is adapting to all the differences he is finding between plying his trade in his native Italy and here for City.

The former Reggina striker, the first of Sven-Goran Eriksson’s signings this summer, looks to have settled in well having scored on debut at West Ham and featuring in every match of the season so far.

And it’s the Blues’ passionate and noisy support, both at home and away, that has really caught the 24-year-old’s imagination.

Rolando says, “They are so passionate, especially away from home. In Italy it is quite different because of the television coverage not so many fans make the longer journeys to away games.

“I thought our fans were brilliant at West Ham in the opening game of the season, the atmosphere at the derby was incredible and intense and then again the away end was packed at Arsenal.

“City fans seem to have a special song for every player and hopefully we will all give them plenty of reason to sing in the coming weeks.”

The Blues’ number 10 has worked mostly in the role of lone striker, with Elano linking up from slightly deeper, but Rolando is happy to slot into a style he is familiar with from his days in Serie A.

“Good team work is a vital and as a lone striker more emphasis is put on that part of my game but I have done it many, many times in Italian football so I am comfortable with it.

“In England the game is more physical where in Italy it is more tactical. If you make the right decisions and have the right mental sharpness and eye for an opening you can be very successful in England as well as in Italy.

“We have a lot of intelligent, technically gifted players in the City squad, clever footballers, and I have no doubt that we could play in Serie A.”

P.S: List Of UPPEES is not in full due to the capacity limitation of the signature function (not be longer than 300 characters excluding BB Code markup). Rest assured I've all ur nicks n u'll be awarded. If I do missed u, kindly PM me.

Appreciate the PM, Bro David_Ginola and Bro Rw6828!

Bro/Sis Who Left Their Nicks Requesting To Be Awarded In Return, I'm More Than Delighted; Contributing My Points Of Praises To U.

List Of UPPEES: Lokmachaudog, whitebull, 7ofHearts..... Who's Next?

Pm Me Ur Latest Posting: Philip888