View Single Post
Old 12-04-2024, 11:10 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1529 / Power: 10
fallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant futurefallen11 has a brilliant future
Re: Lets talk about retirement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgenre View Post
He said (me and my wife). There are retirement venues in South East Asia caters more to single men. Easy to rent a wife in Thailand. Bali doesn't feel as sleazy for retired ladies. They can enjoy their spas and massages in their villas.

Where else would you suggest since you keep questioning why Bali?
Chiangmai? it a lot less sleazy than bkk for sure (cant blame the place if they chose to live in or close to red light districts). Even bkk is big and plently of non sleazy areas (but not cheap). Or try northeastern border with Laos.

Laos could be an option too. Its very sparsely populated with plenty of nature.

East Malaysia? They believe more about multi cultural multi religion living than west malaysia.

Explored timor leste yet?

Many places in vietnam but probably not a choice due to long term visa restrictions.

How about some countries in europe? There are actually many countries in Europe that are not expensive to live in with high quality of life and can get a EU residency easily which allows you the right to live in any EU country.

I'm not trying to say that the bali choice is a shit lousy retarded choice.
I'm just trying to understand why Bali and see if theres anything i missed out about Bali retirement life that didnt make it into my shortlist.