Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 56 / Power: 2
zenexmaster deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: My last day here- This is my story. AMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_warrior View Post
at 24, I would say I am old enough to be your father, and many other senior bros here have gone through this stage many years ago.

The problem with life is we always think we are right at whatever stage of life, and more so when you think you are educated, and it starts with Sec, JC, Uni etc...
We think we know something, have answers to life and figured it all out. Truth be told, no one figures it out, we just learn as we grow older, and hopefully we make right choices.

As a undergrad, been there, finished that 20 over years ago. Along the way, picked up other qualifications, degrees.
Did I feel I knew something enough to educate others? Yeah, its just the ego talking.

You probably are not married, don't have children, don't have old parents to take care of, fighting beside them beside their beds in ICU. Have not gone through the trials of marriage, and the issues of your wife not caring about you, not giving sex, cheating with office husbands, kids turning rebellious, the list goes on and on. Honestly, if I may say, you are still wet behind the ears in life experience, and I don't mean it in a derogatory sense, I am just factually stating, you have not been tested through the fires of life as many other older than you do. So while I can understand your various statements, I would say, you might change your strong opinions later, as life beats at you with the sledgehammer it brings.

I never put religion into the picture, because no one figures out religion, not even those who claim to preach it. And there are many who will not agree with another even though they are supposedly expounding on the same text. The reason is, as I alluded to, its all a reference point, and different backgrounds, character, experiences will all be different even though its the same material. As times go by, people change, and so does what they preach as well. They become "wiser" and gain wisdom

The point is, nothing is cast in stone. Life is unpredictable, and what we think is a destination is but a point of reference. I am sure, at some point you will think differently from what you wrote today, as we all will looking back.
The only way to know if something was done right, or wrong, is often retrospective, looking back.

Finally, I will conclude, enjoy the ride. the words of William Shakespeare, love many, trust few, do wrong to no one.
very true words. i myself end up in an very unexpected situation as compared to what was envisioned in the past when i was still young. life's encounters really can change you as a person, affect your decision making and alter the path you take in life.