View Single Post
Old 30-10-2020, 10:25 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1058 / Power: 13
iluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud of
Re: Divorce settlement data - WC education thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wujigege View Post
Hi all, thought I start a thread about this since it is becoming common. Wondering if fellow samsters can share about their divorce settlement data.
Well since you asked, I shall advise:

Length of marriage: < 10 years

Number of kids: 1

Was wife working when divorce happened? Yes

What salary bracket if so? ~ annual salary about 100k

Custody of kids: (under wife or husband): Joint custody (do you even have to ask? it will always be joint unless either side wants to give it up).

Care And Control: (This is the one you should be asking) Child mostly with me, 1 over-night access to the mother (Sat-Sun).

Monthly maintenance: NIL, well she tried very hard (through her lawyer who likes to take the bull by the horns) and laid claims to everything, even those that belong to my family. End of the day, she had to walked away only with her fair share of our matrimonial assets (meaning either she paid for it or I deem to be fair so I don't wish to contest).

Mode: contested divorce or uncontested: Nearly contested, mediation sessions (at family court) failed so proceed with trial. During the pre-trial conference, settled out of court, basically she cited very unfair settlement.

Marital property: (sold and split proceeds, or given to wife): Sold my share (determined in accordance to the ratio we paid) of the property to my ex-wife.

Your lawyer is correct about 'woman's charter' despite what some samsters here posted, it is actually quite fair. I don't know maybe some of them engage stupid lawyers or lawyers that don't really care.

I was lucky because someone in my side of the family is lawyer so I was recommended my lawyer and I got a free legal counsel.