View Single Post
Old 30-08-2020, 11:32 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 475 / Power: 5
Jjcoolidge is a glorious beacon of lightJjcoolidge is a glorious beacon of lightJjcoolidge is a glorious beacon of lightJjcoolidge is a glorious beacon of lightJjcoolidge is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Really hate to lose.
Now that's out of the way, must say the stick being levelled at Williams is unfair. Squaring up against a world class forward like Auba is a big ask for any established full back, let alone a rookie. Missed Hendo providing that right side cover. Remember not too long ago, teams would target our right side, seeing a young Trent as the 'weaker' compared to the left of Robbo and VVD.
Takes a brave manager to keep the faith with youth, and that we have in Klopp.
Same goes for Brewster. Obviously he was subbed in by Klopp with an eye on taking the pen. Can't deny it's gut wrenching for him to be the one who missed, but we'll soon see if he has the character to rise above this and put some steel in his belly.
Playing the first half at a pedestrian pace didn't do us any favors against a disciplined defence. What a change Taki and Keita made coming on. If they play to their potential, I'm not worried if we don't get Thiago in this window. Taking the positives from this 'setback', i'm hoping the team gets right pissed off and take it out on our next 20 opponents. Up the forkin' Reds!