View Single Post
Old 27-06-2021, 10:59 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 20 / Power: 0
Calliope8888 deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Girl in early 30s looking for a serious partner :)

A thank you to those who gave encouragement.

While I do agree that SBF is not the conventional platform to find a partner - my perspective is that the conventional dating platform such as CMB or Bumble will allow that someone to "proclaim" their cleanest history and allow them to portray their "good" side for at least the next 6 months to a year of dating

To me, a good character/personality is given when it comes to dating - I believe anyone from a conventional dating platform will not (including myself) be 100% honest about the deep secrets they have about themselves.

Granted, SBF may not disclose 100% of a person - but it is enough for me to tell. For example, commercial sex to me is nothing as long as you are not legally attached to someone. However, a divorcee may approach me based my post and I strongly believe I'll be able to look at his post history and get to know if this guy has engaged in commercial sex while being married or not. He may have his difficulties such has not receiving sex from his ex wife for a long time and therefore he had to turn to commercial - I am fine. What I expect is honesty.

Would a divorcee from a conventional dating platform admit to me that he has engaged in commercial sex while being married? I seriously doubt so.

There are also some stuff that will be against my principles. For example, posting nude photos of the women you have fucked on this forum - if this guy comes forward to express interest, I will not be keen to pursue further. If this guy has posted that he did it raw with FL/ML or even multiple FBs, I will be extra careful as well. These are very personal - and they are free to do what they want. I have my right to decide as well.

I hope the above has simply explained my decision to come here. I may not get anything out of this - it is fine. Nobody said I can't try.

Now, to answer Penguin23 -

Thank you for your constructive comment.

I think some people has this impression that just because I am earning a seemingly decent income for a female in her early 30s, and just because I declare it here, I am expecting the guy to do much better than me and stretching as far as me hoping to be a stay home mum after having kids and whatever "your money is my money" kind of nonsense.

No.

I think some people are reading into too much on my preferences.

1) Just because I prefer someone in their late 30s to mid 40s does not mean there is a sole financial agenda. This is a personal preference just like a man can have his preference that he likes to date girls below 25 or above 35. Nothing wrong.

2)  Must be single / divorced and preferably w/o kids. Single is given and a divorcee (to me) will do better at his second shot of marriage. Why I do not prefer them having kids - I think it just complicates the situation. Key word - "PREFER". If we are really compatible and he shows me that he is able to juggle between caring for his children and giving attention to me, I am fine. Again, nothing wrong. I believe at least 50% of men would be ok to date a divorcee but NOT a divorcee with children - unless he is a divorcee with children too.

3) While collar professional. I am one myself. This is a thin line to cross and every job to me is respectable. Again - as a man who is a white collar professional looking for a serious r/s, would he prefer dating someone who works at a fast food restaurant or prefer someone who is a white collar professional as well? It is not about looking up or down at someone. It simply means having a certain common "understanding" in day to day life.

4) Must be above 1.75m. This is as easy as a man preferring to date a slim girl than a (no offence to any girls) girl of bigger size.

5) Not a gym freak. I personally prefer someone to just be healthy in general and not be overly obsessed with how he looks. A gym freak can also mean that the guy will have a super clean diet - which is not something I can accept as I mostly eat what I want and will not be able to live with someone who prefers a extremely clean diet.

6) Prefer that the guy has attained a degree from a local U. Again, personal preference. Of course I know that there are people who are doing well in life without a degree from a local U. That's fine.

Of the 6 points I have listed above, I don't think I am portraying an impression that the guy I am looking for has to possess a dazzling profile??? Those are just very preliminary standards to start to get to know someone more and take it further from there if we see something in each other.

Finally. My income. I am just being practical here. If a guy earns way lesser than me, would he be able to keep up with my (self sufficient) lifestyle? I lead a pretty comfortable lifestyle based on my own hard work. Would he be able to understand and do not feel stressed out while dating me? Say for example spending $500 on a nice dinner? Even if we go Dutch, it is also $250/pax. Of course I eat at hawker centres as well. I am just saying that this person who decides to approach me needs to prepare himself that I am not someone leads the lowest maintenance lifestyle. More importantly, I am not leeching on anyone with the lifestyle I have.

I just do not want to waste anyone's unnecessary time. If you feel that my expectations are atrocious, then to each his own.

If anyone is curious about the current progress, yes I have met up with 2 guys here.