View Single Post
Old 16-01-2005, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about STD ( with pictures)

Hepatitis C
Source : http://www.singhealth.com.sg/Patient...epatitisC.aspx

Who should receive treatment for HCV infection?]

Patients with raised liver enzymes and liver biopsy indicating active inflammation. The role for intervention is strengthened if the patient's blood shows the presence of viral RNA ( HCV RNA ).

* Patients with acute hepatitis C
* Patients with HCV infection complicated by essential mixed cryoglobulinemia.
* Patients with concurrent stable HIV infection, as these patients may have an accelerated course.

Who should not be treated with interferon?

* Patient with normal liver function tests
* Patient with only mild symptoms like fatigue and no other clinical or laboratory abnormalities.
* Patients who are drug abusers or active alcoholics. These patients are generally not compliant and should therefore receive treatment for substance abuse before commencing HCV therapy.
* Patients with major psychiatric illness.
* Patients with hyperthyroidism.
* Patients with blood disorders
* Patients with abnormalities of the immune system eg. systemic lupus erythematosis
* Patients who have had a renal transplant and is currently receiving immunosuppressive treatment to prevent graft rejection.

Prevention

* HCV positive carriers should avoid donating blood, tissue, organs or semen.
* Safer sexual practices should be strongly encouraged in persons with multiple sexual partners eg. by using latex condoms.
* Avoid sharing razors and toothbrushes with members of the household who are HCV carriers.
* Intravenous drug users should not share needles/syringes.
* Pregnancy is not contraindicated in HCV carriers. However the child should be tested for antibodies against HCV at one year of age.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here

Last edited by Big Sexy; 06-05-2011 at 09:19 AM.