View Single Post
Old 02-07-2003, 02:52 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2532 / Power: 22
MarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond reputeMarkNgSiongBoon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Travelling by Courier from SIN-BKK-SIN

Quote:
Originally posted by yomun
Dear 'Frequent Flyers',

I need some advise on travelling by courier. What are your experiences on that and which airline would you recommend? The best pricing around? I only carry hand luggage so it seems feasible for me.

Also what are your experiences with Garuda Indonesia? I don't need super attentive aircrew as I sleep on board most of the time. So level of service is not important to me. What's important for me is the price, safety record and minor/no delays of flight schedules. Thanks.
courier only by SIA, TG and Qantas(no more). Flights everyday except Saturdays, All morning flights(1st flight). Not advisable for savings now is little as tickets now dirt cheap as compared to a decade or so ago. Too much trouble too, must be at airport before 7am, only hand luggage and still have a big envelope full of chits for you to carry onboard. Reach BKK still got more delay as they process courier company's documents and photocopy your passport, alot of hassle. RTU is slightly better and can have luggage but cannot change date and time of return flight. Last time a morning flight Y ticket cost about S$450 and courier company rate was S$150 (lower for regulars). At one point even tour agents (Airtropolis at Fook Hai was one) got into the act and charge up to S$250!!! Also only one ticket per day per airline per company so not quite possible even for 2 friends to fly together. Usually they (courier companies) have their lists of regulars (mostly taxi- drivers) who can leave at moments notice. Sometimes they pay you a token sum if you can take up last minute flights when even their own staff is unable to make it. (1 day or 2 days turnaround). Fly courier to further places more worth your while for places like BKK, not worth the hassle. Just mu 2 cents.
Garuda now is one of cheapest that flies to BKK (S$160 not inclusive) not tried them yet. But now Cathay Pac also having promo (S$175 not inclusive) worth a try, all female cabin crew ala Silkair. Indian Airlines and Finair also budget kind. Don't be put off by Air India, not as bad as it sounds i've been told. Also only 2 hours flight, not much of a difference if you ask me. rather save the money to bonk!!!