Thread: Pattaya
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 06:12 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 153 / Power: 14
gintonic83 is a Helpful and Caring Samstergintonic83 is a Helpful and Caring Samster
Re: Pattaya

Both bangkok and pattaya can be "dangerous" to the first time traveler. I didn't know what were the usual rates at such bars during my virgin trip. The first trip to bkk cost me 8000 during one encounter with a model at baccara because small head won big head. Never go with anyone that shows you a menu at walking street or for just about anywhere else.

travel without the branded goods. bring out with a fixed amount money and a travel card like youtrip. I leave the rest of it in a travel safe that i bought. Baht Bus is your best choice of transport in Pattaya. Use grab if not sure of route(cost abit more at times). Negotiate motorbike and taxi fares first before boarding or ask the the taxi guy to turn on the meter.

Don't need to dress to impress in Pattaya. walk on open streets and know where the tourist police are. Make friends with the Mama-san as well if you can trust her. I normally buy her a 2-3 lady drinks and a small tip after i leave the bar. She can be your point of contact in Pattaya next time.

Just smile and be polite, it goes a long way. say no thank you(mai ao kap) if you don't want anything.