View Single Post
Old 23-07-2021, 11:57 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2434 / Power: 19
escobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond reputeescobar43535 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Liverpool Fc @ Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

I would also put Chelsea first if they are able to get a reliable top quality striker like Haaland or Lewandoski.

That said if City get Kane, they are also going to be well up there again.

Hate say this but even United look to be buying quality players. Then again I don't rate OGS.

As for Liverpool, I am not so worried about our CB situation. Think it shall work itself out regardless of whether Phillips stays or not.

The bigger problem seems to be our front 3 in particular Sadio and Bobby. Like you said they both look to be on the decline. Hopefully they still have another season or two to shine because we can't be just relying on Mo. Jota is a good addition no doubt but still not enough if we want to seriously challenge for the PL again.

Actually we need more goals to come from our MF to supplement our attack. Unfortunately Fabinho and Thiago are not goal scorers. Technically very good but not known for goals. Which means we are left with Henderson, who is also not known as a goal scorer.

So unless we purchase a known goal scoring MF, we are stuck with trying our luck to get something from our bench with Ox, Keita and Curtis.

On the rebuilding bit, can't really blame FSG because Covid has thrown a spanner in the works. Just have to hope we are able to replenish our finances this coming season and then see where that takes us next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgenre View Post
I would put Chelsea first. They have bought well and Thomas Tuchel is a good manager. I don't trust VVD, Matip and Gomez. VVD and Gomez have not played a warm up match right? I don't think VVD can play a game every 2-3 days so soon after such a major injury. If NP goes, he will have a steady season while we may run into an injury crisis again mid-season. He should stay.

Then that means many players will be unhappy if Henderson is sold. The team knows Gini is underpaid for the work he does on the pitch and how often he plays. They can also see how much Gini is earning now and the length of his contract. Many of our top players are crossing 30 soon and they want Liverpool to commit to their last big contract. If not, let them leave and find a big contract like Gini. Even Salah has been talking about renewing his contract for some time.

Sadly, our team rebuilding is non-existent. Mane and Firmino has started to decline last season. Yet we are still describing our front 3 as world class. FSG's idea of moneyball is to buy cheap players with great potential. So far they have bought Konate. Whatever they may be buying also missed out on pre-season with us so the acclimatisation period will be longer.

Keita is going to be fit before AFCON and be injured after AFCON.

Last edited by escobar43535; 23-07-2021 at 01:48 PM.