Thread: Betong update
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 776 / Power: 19
KatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to behold
Cool Big flood in Haadyai again ??? Like in Nov 2000 ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSuave

Is the road from Hatyai to Betong still very unsafe? I am in Bangkok now and my MM ask me to fly to Hatyai and she will fetch me from Hatyai to Betong. Let me know your opinion.
Report from The Bangkok Post dated Sunday 18 December 2005 :-

RESIDENTS OF FLOOD-PRONE AREAS URGED TO EVACUATE

Blackouts, mudslides, roads blocked in Yala

By Bangkok Post reporters

More heavy floods hit Yala yesterday following heavy rains throughout Friday night, prompting the province to warn residents in flood-prone areas to evacuate. The Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department's disaster mitigation centre yesterday reported flooding in Yala's Krong Pinang sub-district, and the districts of Raman, Kabang, Than To, Bannang Sata and Muang. Particularly badly hit were the districts of Muang, Yaha and Kabang, as well as Krong Pinang sub-district. Muang Yala Municipality was also battered.

All areas of Krong Pinang were reportedly inundated and left in the dark as power was cut. Floodwaters reached up to 1.5 metres, reports said. A mudslide blocked a road at tambon Huay Krathing.

In Muang district, 225 millimetres of rain was recorded and about 100 families from tambon Sateng Nok were evacuated to a village mosque and a meeting hall.

In Yaha, the water level reached 313mm and there were blackouts across the district. About 100 families at two villages in tambon Sa-ae had to seek refuge at schools in nearby Ban La-ae and Ban Wang Samran. Rains also lashed Kabang where the water level in all its tambons averaged 1m. Most of the roads to the district were flooded, while some were totally impassable.

Heavy floods continued to ravage six districts in Satun, which caused damage estimated at over 2.8 billion baht. The province said over 20,000 people had been affected by the floods, which began on Friday.

Yala's flood relief centre yesterday warned people living in flood-prone areas, especially along the Sai Buri and Pattani rivers in the districts of Raman, Bannang Sata, and Muang, as well as Krong Pinang sub-district, to prepare for urgent evacuations.

The centre also warned motorists to beware of mudslides on the way to Betong district.

A forest run-off inundated two villages at tambon Kalupang in Raman, affecting about 100 homes in several tambons of Muang and Raman districts and the Tambon Administration Organisation office at Kalupang. Several roads were submerged, including parts of the Yala-Ban Niang and Yala-Betong routes.

Rescue teams and flat-bottomed boats were being sent to flood-hit areas to rescue stranded residents.

No casualties were reported, but the centre estimated that the cost of damage from the Dec 13-15 flooding in Yala stands at over 30 million baht.

************************************************** *****************************

In view of the above weather report, it is inadvisable to drive from Haadyai to Betong

Thai pussies are the best in the world. Once you have licked them, you're addicted for life !!!