View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 09:36 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2088 / Power: 23
Frankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond reputeFrankiestine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcia23 View Post
Hi all,

I might have to go through divorce soon. We are married for close to 1 year and I am the one taking care of everything in the house including all monthly household expenses to doing her laundry and taking care of our pets. We have no children and all she does is only work and come back home to sleep and of course sex is like once every 3-4 weeks.

She do not need to worry abt a single thing in the house and her only contribution is part of the mortage loan of $300. Ours is a resale flat and I paid from downpayment to reno to furnitures etc almost everything and she only came out with $20k which is part of the reno costs.

Lastly is our car which i am also paying for everything and she is the only one who drives everyday so she pays for fuel and cashcard only.

All the above involving money was documented except for performing housework.

Why i will think of divorce is because we always fight and argue over the slightest things and she will always threatened to divorce. Sometimes in the end both of us will end up with injuries because she will always be the first to start verbal abuse and then to throw stuffs at me then to throwing slaps and punches. It has been going on since we got married and really showing her true colors. She appreciates nothing done by me and only find faults when she is in a bad mood.

She is a jiuhu pr and was a divorcee before. I only knew she was the defendant and her ex gave her $200k after divorce. May i know should i let her file for divorce first and should i file first or there is no difference? From now on what should i do to protect myself including my assets? Can some nice bros recommend good lawyers to mitigate my potential losses?
you want to file first then better take pic of the injuries as proof also see doc to get it documented...at least it makes a stronger case for you to file under unreasonable behavior since you can't file under any of the other categories..as for the division of wealth, that i am not sure but previously i did hear lawyers said the number of years staying in the communal home plays a part in this...its is always best to have proof of your contribution...