View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Fabio Capello's appointment as England manager

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...-ahead?cc=4716

Capello: Hodgson has tough task
May 3, 2012

4mer England manager Fabio Capello has warned his successor Roy Hodgson tat he will find it hard 2 create a ''winning mentality'' b4 Euro 2012.

Hodgson was appointed on a 4-year contract on Tuesday, but must complete the season with his club West Brom b4 turning his attentions 2 England's campaign in Poland & Ukraine tis summer.

The former Liverpool boss already has international experience, but Capello - who revealed he would like 2 manage in the Premier League - stressed tat being a national team manager is not ''a normal job''.

Quoted in the Times newspaper, Capello said: ''As a club manager, u r a manager. As a national team manager, u r a selector. You cannot work with & get the best out of the players all of the time becos some r injured, some r not in a top moment, some r unhappy with their club's position, some hv a problem with their manager.

''It's not a normal job. It's difficult 2 create something. You can't do something in a short space of time. The idea is 2 create the team spirit & winning mentality in a really short time. Tis is very difficult. It will be hard.

''And the other thing is tat u don't play alot of games. In nearly every game, u r either in or out.''

Capello hopes England perform well tis summer 2 vindicate his work during qualifying.

''I've known Roy since he was coaching in Italy & I hv met him often in these last few years,'' the Italian added. ''I believe he is a very good & experienced manager. I wish him all the best 4 the future & Euro 2012.

''I'm happy with the job I did 4 England. I hope tat England will be 1 of the best teams @ the Euros & they can show my job was really good. If things go well as I hope, ppl will recognise tat I did a good job.''

As 4 his future, Capello admitted he was looking 4 1 final job with a top European club.

''At the end of my career, it would be interesting 2 find a team with big motivation 2 arrive @ the top,'' he added. ''England would be very interesting 4 me becos I know very well the teams & the players, & everything would be less difficult. It would be easier 4 me in England. And my English is not so bad!''

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ntment?cc=4716

Fergie backing England's Hodgson
May 4, 2012

SAF has offered his backing 2 new England manager Roy Hodgson while expressing his surprise the FA did not "bend" 2 the press.

Hodgson was unveiled as the permanent successor 2 Fabio Capello on Tuesday, but his appointment has received a mixed reception fr sections of the media, aft Tottenham's Harry Redknapp was thought 2 be favourite 4 the role.

Ferguson, though, believes outgoing Fulham coach Hodgson has the pedigree 2 succeed as England boss, the 64-year-old having managed the likes of Switzerland, Finland & UAE in the past.

"The surprise 4 me was 4 the 1st time I can remember the FA didn't bend 2 the press," Ferguson said. "The press had their own view of Harry & I think we all supported tat & normally the FA bend 2 the press but they didn't do it tis time. Tat was surprising.

"Roy has fantastic experience, he's a good man & he has the right profile in every respect 4 the job. I've always said tat 2 manage England u need 2 be in your 60s, without doubt.

"You need 2 be going in2 tat job with all the experience behind u of club football. I hope he does well. He'll need luck in terms of dealing with the press becos tat is really important in the job.

"Every1 1s a piece of him & if he tries 2 put 1 against the other or favour 1 against the other he'll be slaughtered. He has 2 find a way of accommodating all the press as 1 person."