Thread: Jose Mourinho
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Jose Mourinho

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...rs-tie?cc=4716

Mourinho weighs up Ronaldo risk

Jose Mourinho says he may take a "risk" & play Cristiano Ronaldo in Tuesday's Champions League quarter-final 1st-leg tie against Tottenham Hotspur.

Mourinho, who on Saturday night surrendered his 9-year, 150-game unbeaten record in league home matches when Real Madrid lost 2 Sporting Gijon, had previously ruled Ronaldo out of the game with a hamstring problem.

However, Mourinho will meet with his top scorer, as well as the injured Karim Benzema & Marcelo, 2 establish whether the 3 players r willing 2 take a gamble on their fitness of the game @ the Bernabeu.

"If he [Ronaldo] has a chance it's becos he & his coach r taking a risk, becos the information fr the medical department is tat he can't play, tat he can only play in the game in Bilbao [next weekend]," Mourinho said.

"But if the 2 of us & only the 2 of us decide tat he's going 2 play then the risk is mine & his. 2morrow I will talk with the injured players & decide if we will risk them."

Even if Ronaldo is unable 2 declare his availability then @ least Real saw the unexpected return of Gonzalo Higuain 2 1st-team action on Saturday night. The striker had not played since November aft undergoing surgery on a herniated disc but returned ahead of schedule 2 play against Sporting.

Higuain said: "On an individual level I'm very happy. People believed I would miss the entire season, but I managed 2 show tat statistics aren't everything in life. It was not a challenge or a competition with anybody, it was a matter of pride 4 myself 2 show tat I could be back ahead of schedule.

"I was able 2 achieve tat & I feel very comfortable. The key 2 the recovery was fighting hard, not letting myself get down & battling 4 wat I love most, which is 2 play football.

"I'm grateful 2 all the coaching staff, the doctors, fans, my team-mates, my family & 2 myself. I'm very happy 2 be able 2 feel like a player again, although tis wasn't quite the dream comeback I was hoping 4."