Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 19 / Power: 0
redcanary deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Help for Newbies / Blur Blokes / Lazy Bros - Questions and Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgrim View Post
Hi guys
New to the forum, but would like to congratulate you on a valuable info resource. I will be immigrating to Singapore in the near future, and being very active in the scene in the uK, and elsewhere in the world and fully intend to pursue my 'hobby' once in Singapore.
Browsing the forum I found answers to most questions and mostly no surprises as the same rules apply most places in the world, however one question I cant seem to find a clear answer on.
It is clear that in Geylang get charged more as a foreigner, so two questions, how much more, and how do you convince them you are a local. I expect to pay more as a tourist but once living somewhere want to know how to access local rates
I have never been asked to pay more than a local for legal Geylang services, admittedly I have never tried CAT50, tried CAT80 once, stuck with CAT150 the rest of the time. If I was ever asked to pay more I would walk away immediately and just go next door.

For FLs (in Geylang or elsewhere) I wouldn't be surprised if you were quoted higher prices than a local, but it's up to you to negotiate and pay whatever it is worth it to you.

Feel free to PM me if you have other "expat" questions.