View Single Post
Old 15-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1200 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 4108 / Power: 22
Xgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond reputeXgenre has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Liverpool Fc Anfield - Reds Supporters Gatherings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksbay View Post
i second the motion.
There you go! (CLICK ON THE SMILING FACE). I need the help of you guys to keep THAT thread alive. Been waiting for some time to get back at his posts. Let's rub salt into his wounds, the same way he did to ours.

I think Sat's result was great. It's been a long time for all of us. Even though Houllier's team play very negative, defensive football, our teams then used to always get good results against Man U. Let's hope it's Rafa's turn to go on a run. I'm looking forward to the match at Old Trafford. We have performed very badly there in recent times and it will be a good measure of any improvement.

I think Riera is an exciting prospect. He can be as massive as Mascherano is for us. For the first time in a long while (please let me know if I remember wrongly), we have a winger who try to dribble towards the corner post, thus pulling the full back out, spreading play and creating space for our forwards. 1 on 1 against the right back, I think he is skillful enough to put in some good crosses. Unfortunately, Keane is too short to pose too big a threat to Ferdinand and Vidic while Dirk Kuyt is all over the place, doing his style of play. I will like to seek Riera passing from the wing for Torres and Gerrard to shoot or head the ball home. When was the last time we have someone like that? Pennant, Benyanoun, Babel... likes to dribble towards the inside, thus narrowing our play.

Knowing Liverpool, there is a fear in me that we will perform badly after such a high. I'm trying not to be too excited by Sat's great result, (not that easy). What is worrying for me is that creatively, we aren't good. Our goals on Sat were due to us pressurising them into mistakes. We haven't been as smooth in attack as last year when you can see us creating sweeping moves that ended in a goal. Let's hope Reira gives us an extra attacking option. Our opponents know we always attack from the centre through Gerrard-Torres so they tend to pack the centre with a lot of players to close down space.

Reira makes so much more sense for us than Barry. Cheaper, younger, fills in a real gap instead of another central midfielder. Just glad Lucas didn't play, he's not that exciting for me. Alonso had a good game. His form this year has been much better than last season's. Did the possibility of him being sold wake him up from last season's lacklustre form(by his own high standards)?