View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 03:26 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 895 / Power: 23
PuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to beholdPuTonRen is a splendid one to behold
Re: Beijing Recommendations

[QUOTE=trellis001;2288435]
Quote:
Originally Posted by donburi80 View Post
Went to Lan Tao Sha (LTS) after seeing a bro's recommendation here. Was a bit disappointed with the cost and service provided. Maybe it's because I had been to Shanghai before and was expecting a similar experience.

When I checked with the manager before I started, he said that it was ok to pay by credit card.

When I tried to do that at the counter, I was told that only cards with the stupid 'Union' sign can be used! What the fuck! That means only China credit cards can be used.

Info for Bro's travelling/working and cheonging in China.

Got BOC in Singapore and apply for their credit cards and tell them that you frequent China. They will issue you a normal Singapore credit card and a "Union Type" credit card that can only be used in China. They also issue u a PIN for ATM and cash advances. All transactions are in RMB. I personally find it very useful. Note , the China credit card cannot be used in Singapore or any other countries besides China.
Bro, How are you? I have just come back from Beijing and Nanjing. No much action caused I was with regulars this time.

Your info on Credit Card is true. I wish to add that the BOC Bank Card (Not Credit Card) with the Union Sign can draw money from ATMs in Singapore with the same sign displayed. It may sound funny on the purpose, but one can draw money here from money earned in China without causing any problem. My two BOC Bank Cards work here, although I must admit that I hardly use them in Singapore.

My 2 cent worth.

PuTonRen aka UFO_Man