View Single Post
Old 13-01-2024, 05:59 PM
Veteran Samster

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3491 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 108533 / Power: 54
Naka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond reputeNaka_Timo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Food glorious food! Thailand

Duck Deliciousness in Bangkok at Zong Pet Paloe (ซ้งเป็ดพะโล้)

Address: 11/58 Soi Lat Phrao, Wang Hin, Bangkok, Thailand 10230
Phone: 02-570-4080
Open hours: 4:30 pm – 4 am daily
Price: About 100 – 200 THB per person

ซ้งเป็ดพะโล้
ที่อยู่ 11/58 ซอย ลาดพร้าว ใกล้สี่แยกวังหิน กรุงเทพมหานคร 10230
โทร.02-570-4080
เปิดให้บริการ 16.30-4.00 น

How to get there:

Zong Pet Paloe (ซ้งเป็ดพะโล้) is not very close to the MRT or the BTS. The closest BTS station is Mo Chit, but from there, it’s easiest to jump in a taxi directly there. Alternatively you could probably take a bus, but I haven’t explored the options yet.

Zong Pet Paloe (ซ้งเป็ดพะโล้) is one of the many well known restaurants located in the northern part of Bangkok, in Lat Phrao (but I’m talking deep into Lat Phrao – no access by MRT or BTS).

In my years of living in Bangkok, I haven’t spent a lot of time in Lat Phrao, or in northern Bangkok (just due to living location), but when I do go to the area, I always try to stay and eat somewhere on my never ending “to eat” restaurant list.

Walk into Zong Pet Paloe (ซ้งเป็ดพะโล้) restaurant, and you’ll immediately know they take food seriously.

The glass closet full of boiled ducks and geese, like a trophy cabinet, greets you at the front of the restaurant.

Step inside and you’ll discover a dozen or so pots of unknown liquid brewing slowly, all releasing duck aromas that will make your taste buds start reacting with an unbelievable desire to start eating.

In the background, you can hear the clanking of the woks, as a crew of chefs stir fry dishes in a frenzy.

They use some seriously high pressure gas and ignite dishes, stir frying entire meals in mere seconds.

Zong Pet Paloe (ซ้งเป็ดพะโล้) has a huge menu of different Thai dishes, mainly stir fried dishes, and the most famous of them all, their pet paloe (เป็ดพะโล้), or duck boiled in spices (you can probably tell from the first photo).

The menu was actually really nice, laid out neatly with nice photos of each dish.

I’m not sure if they had an English menu, but if you don’t read or speak Thai, you can look at the photos to make an order.

Walk into the dining room of Zong Pet Paloe (ซ้งเป็ดพะโล้), and it looks like you’re at a gym, it’s HUGE.

They can accommodate giant groups of people and serve massive parties, and there’s an army of cooks and ducks, waiting to be ordered.

At Zong Pet Paloe (ซ้งเป็ดพะโล้) they have both duck and goose, and many people walk up and order a whole duck or goose for takeaway.

We chose to order just a plate of pet paloe (เป็นพะโล้), duck, which came sliced up and on a plate drowned in the beautiful duck juices.

Zong Pet Paloe (ซ้งเป็ดพะโล้) made a name for themselves from their pet paloe (เป็นพะโล้) for a reason, it’s incredible stuff.

The meat of the duck was incredibly succulent, meaty and tender, and just pure duck delicious. This style of duck preparation is boiled in a broth seasoned with five star anise and cinnamon, among other seasonings.

It was slightly sweet, salty, and the duck just retained all its meat juices; It was a very good plate of pet paloe (เป็นพะโล้).

The only thing I don’t like about pet paloe (เป็นพะโล้) in general, just like khao man gai, is that the boiled skin isn’t that good, so I normally just peel off the skin.

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t see a point in eating skin if it’s not crispy!

Nevertheless, the meat of the duck was delicious.

Zong Pet Paloe (ซ้งเป็ดพะโล้) is a famous restaurant in Lat Phrao, and they serve up a marvelous plate of pet paloe (เป็นพะโล้), duck boiled in Chinese spices.

The other stir fried dishes are also excellent, and if you’re a chicken feet fan, don’t miss out on the kha gai super (ขาไก่ซุปเปอร์).

Overall, it’s a nice open air restaurant, with extremely tasty food.

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANOTHER'S POISON

"A FR is to give reader an idea of what to expect, the pics and style of writing are to spice things up, to give more space for imagination, most important thing is we share and we enjoy."

Bros with rep power are welcome to exchange 162 points daily