View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 04:32 AM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 6631 / Power: 16
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
They supposingly switched side? (returned back to kampong during covid etc)
You were there during Ramadan all or most of the time. But this year, you didn't, hehehe... could it be the timing you were there?
Actually, I was not used to go to Batam most of the times during Ramadan. I went to Batam during Ramadan a few times, yes, but not most of the times, and not because I thought it was the best time to enjoy Batam, but because my work commitments led me to Malaysia and Singapore on those days.

Important points to remember:

1) Avoid first 3, middle 3, last 3 days because those days are especially hard, religiously speaking, and everything is firmly closed.
Uncertainty on what is the 1st day (the last night before or the first day? Also, note that Ramadan may begin on a different day in Indonesia than in Malaysia or, say, Pakistan) makes those 3-3-3 a safer 4-5-4, thus limiting further the available time windows.

2) During Ramadan, discos which usually close at 5am (now I noted that 5am is firm, while in the past before COVID it could also be 6am or 7am) close at 2am (still now? 2am it was before COVID), so all nightlife activities must be shifted earlier.

3) Local people is (was) still having fun in Batam also during Ramadan. So, I was used to experience the same chances to hunt FLs. Even better, because of less tourists around competing with me.
Now?
Before COVID, I noted the same quantity of girls at pubs and bars (e.g., Square). Now, I really do not know. Bars were dry before Ramadan, now during Ramadan it cannot be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
Long long time ago (can't remember how many years ago it was, hehehe...), i was talking with bro Blackpage about his Mifi device and my wireless usb router. We even had a small heated debate over which is better (we are actually talking about the almost same thing/device). And over time while still in this Batam thread, i bought 1 of bro Blackpage Mifi device and learned that this gadget is actually quite good to use.
Lesson learned: listen to me! Ahahah
(We were not talking about the same device... Your device must be connected to the PC via USB. My device is wireless and connection to the PC is via wifi)