View Single Post
Old 25-01-2021, 10:05 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2578 / Power: 7
aurahiongka has a reputation beyond reputeaurahiongka has a reputation beyond reputeaurahiongka has a reputation beyond reputeaurahiongka has a reputation beyond reputeaurahiongka has a reputation beyond reputeaurahiongka has a reputation beyond reputeaurahiongka has a reputation beyond reputeaurahiongka has a reputation beyond reputeaurahiongka has a reputation beyond reputeaurahiongka has a reputation beyond reputeaurahiongka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are the odds of winning toto / 4d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin23 View Post
Statistically, the odds of striking the Group 1 prize is 1 in 14 million (13.983 million, to be exact. Just Google - 49 numbers choose 6). Each combination costs a dollar, you can choose your poison

Personally I buy System Roll, but that is not cheap, $44 per pop. I buy only on Cascade Draws when the Group 1 prize must be won, if not it is distributed to the subsequent groups. So there will be no rollover.

4-D is 1 in 10,000 but the payout is a lot lower.

Amongst the lottery games, the best "bang for the buck", if you can call it that - is to buy 100 running numbers for Singapore Sweep. That costs $300, but you have a guaranteed $52 return because you confirm strike all the 2D numbers. So the question is, whether your 100 running numbers are lucky enough to strike any of the other prizes from the 3.5 million tickets issued. The "lowest" prize you can win after the 2D prizes are Participation Prizes which are $1000

Both are super long shots that you should not count on, buy a bit within budget. Suggest you open a Singapore Pools Account and set your monthly limit to an amount you can afford. Whenever you login into the SPools account it tells you two things - how much you've bet so far and how much you've been paid. If you track this number over one year you will realize how much your gambling have contributed to charitable causes.

All that being said, recognize 2 things:

1. Hoping to get rich through lottery is literally one in 13.9 million. For Sweep, it is 1 in 3.5 million. The odds are not good.

2. Bet small, and enjoy the feeling of hopefulness. Being a bit older now I recognize the benefit of living in hope so I cannot say that it is totally bad to buy lottery. Just don't bank all your hopes on it.
bet for fun ok la.. set a target lor.

per week lose 100 stop liao