View Single Post
Old 15-02-2020, 11:38 PM
Samster (B)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 131 / Power: 0
TheHustler deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great GuyTheHustler deserves two Tigers! - He's a Great Guy
Re: NEW ANGELES CITY (Pampanga, Balibago, Subic) PI

Reporting live from AC having touched down at Clark airport 2.5 hrs ago from Changi. My Cebu Pacific flight 5J 538 was half empty with most passengers philippines nationals returning to the PI. Dint see any chinese except for me & my buddy. There was 1 angmo whom we later found out was an expat living in PI past 20 yrs. There was a group of 5 indians comprising mix of SG/MY and are off duty Aetos policemen on leave.

Upon touchdown at DMIA airport.... disembark and locals / foreigners are led to separate entry lanes into the building. There were only 8 of us in the foreigner lane and ushered into a room. Scanned for temperature and told to fill a questionnaire. Once completed questionnaire proceed to immigration counter. We were the 1st in line and 1st question ask was "are you chinese?" .... we replied "chinese singaporeans". We were told to step aside while they call someone to interview us. Next was the Angmo...... cleared to go after showing his longterm visa. Next was the 5 indian policemen...... cleared to go after producing their warrant cards.
Finally a female officer in facemask came, took our passports and asked to follow her to a room. Inside the room she start to speak in mandarin to us...... until we interrupt and said we don't understand mandarin..... we are Singaporeans can speak english to us?
She fell quiet for awhile...... then explained to us since we are arrivals from Singapore..... we are required to undergo quarantine at NCC for 14 days. We explained we our trip is 3 days only and we cannot stay for 14 days and ask is there any other solution?
She thought for awhile..... and gave us the following options.
a) buy an immediate return ticket back to singapore;
b) apply for a special pass;
c) accept the quarantine but they will release us early for our return flight instead of completing 14 days.

We ask more details about the special pass....... it is a pass issued for temporary stay after medical checkup and clearance from the medic. We also need to sign a declaration that we are Covid19 free and never been to China past 2 weeks. We opted for option b.
We had to pay the application fee which was 3200p each and then led to the medic in another room for the checkup. KNN ..... checkup was just another temperature taking exercise and a mouth swab. We were given a piece of paper after signing the declaration and told that is our special pass......it is written entirely in tagalog and at the bottom is a red stamp in english...."CLEARED OF CORONAVIRUS"..... lol
Finally left the airport...... we touchdown @ 2040 hrs and left the airport @2215 hrs and 6400p poorer.
In conclusion......all this noise about quarantine is just another money making exercise for the authorities.