View Single Post
Old 13-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 6681 / Power: 16
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono1973 View Post
Actually what this senior bro shared with me is quite true too. I did hear occasional the sound of the fan running at extreme high speed and later back to normal after a couple of mins. Gonna check my laptop fan later.
It is 100% normal that the cooling fan changes speed! It depends on the temperature sensed in the motherboard, which raises if the CPU load is high for some time, not on the power supply. Neither the fan speed changing may affect the power absorption by the laptop.
And, if you have problems on the fan (for example for dust accumulated over the years), which stops and resume regular spinning, that will impact on the motherboard regular operation, non on the power absorption (unless you are concerned about mW variations, which is not your case).
Simply forget the fan.