View Single Post
Old 18-07-2017, 11:30 PM
Samster (eP)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 6681 / Power: 16
Black Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Page has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3NI3D View Post
2 questions

1) Sim Cards - Will a Singapore sim card work or will I have to get a Indonesian one?

2) Money exchange - Could anyone point out a good money exchanger.
Just read the forum, maybe aided by the magic "search" button, and you'll find all the information you seek.
1) Using the SIN card would be stupid, as you'd be roaming and paying a lot. Buy a local one for few bucks (Simpati costs maybe 140k with 7GB data over 4G).
2) Exchange NOT in Singapore, NOT at the arrival port of Batam (unless you don't even have the 50k for the taxi to go to your hotel, or the 10k-20k to go there by "OJET" - the fastest type of ojek I assume). Once in Nagoya, ask around in not less than 3-4 places to get the best rate.

Last edited by Black Page; 19-07-2017 at 08:36 PM.