View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 12:25 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3191 / Power: 14
Happyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re-location advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile_santa View Post
Hi bros,

I noticed in this forum have many lao jiao cheongsters and some of you guys are Singaporeans working/residing in Thailand. It's my lifelong dream to relocate there eventually (Singapore too expensive and boring).

Question is, how much do I need to be making a month to live decently there if i were to secure a job there? (have a decent condo, no need car because BKK traffic is terrible and taxis are cheap, and can support a family)

Also, if i were to retire there eventually? what are the essentials I would need to look out for? like how much cash reserves should i need if I'm no longer working with an additional life expectancy of 25 years ?

Thanks in advance!
Many ask me this question before...........my first question is : Do you have a Thai wife?

How much you need depend on how you want to live your own life, and if you have wife and kids, what kind of school you want to put your kids? Singapore Int'l school cost around 300k baht yearly while local private school with Int'l program cost around 100k yearly and local thai school just 20-30k yearly.

And by the time u retire in 25 years time, most likely you will choose to retire in Chiangmai instead of Bkk.....cheaper, more peaceful, nicer friendly people, lesser traffic, nicer weather etc.