The Asian Commercial Sex Scene

The Asian Commercial Sex Scene (https://sbfsg.agency/index.php)
-   Adult Discussions about SEX (https://sbfsg.agency/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   How much money needed to Retire? (https://sbfsg.agency/showthread.php?t=788946)

VoicesWithin 08-09-2020 10:03 AM

How much money needed to Retire?

Not the correct forum to ask this but what the heck. No money, no honey.

I read many articles where one needs $2m to retire in Sg. To me, such writers are not realistic. They exaggerate; to boast or to sell a financial product.

What is YOUR OWN retirement plan? Come share.

Ps: Realistic please. Don't small boy anyhow talk future.

DieCorkStand 08-09-2020 10:07 AM

Re: How much money needed to Retire?

with $2m investible cash in property and blue chips dividends stocks at 5% pa low to mimddle risk profile which gives u $100K annually to spend will be a decent live style that I would like to have , bare min,

if not I think will be quite like waiting for the day to come and meaningless in life liao:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoicesWithin (Post 20203081)

I read many articles where one needs $2m to retire in Sg. To me, such writers are not realistic. They exaggerate; to boast or to sell a financial product.

VoicesWithin 08-09-2020 10:22 AM

For me, retirement should be around 65. It is the stage where the kids are not dependent on me.

The Straits Times reported an article recently where studies have shown a single elderly person needs S$1,379 to meet basic living needs in Singapore.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...single-elderly

To me, this is a realistic retirement scenario.

juzz06 08-09-2020 10:25 AM

Try this out. Go on leave for a week and see if you can manage to survive $100 a day including utility and transport and meals. That will give you an indication of how much you need in today’s dollar. Add inflation to it and that will be the amount you need.

Personally 100 is quite enough for 2 with maybe $10 to spare a day.

Zakarum 08-09-2020 10:34 AM

Depends on how much you spend.

VoicesWithin 08-09-2020 10:35 AM

For me, I am a simple Joe. I do not have any grand plans. I think my wife and me will be comfortable with $5,000 a month of passive income from 65 onwards. This will comprise of CPF Life and some investment income.

Old people don't need much. I don't need a car at that stage. There is no need to rush to anywhere. Public transport will be scenic at off peak hours.

Eating out will be a chore at that age. Fine dining does not appeal. Home cooked food is still the best. If really want to eat out, will choose my fav hawker food. Chicken rice, fish soup, char kway teow which won't cost much.

Once a year holiday overseas is good enough. Any more, the legs will struggle to obey.

Medical bills? Covered by insurance. Hope the premiums don't rise too fast

How will I spend my days? Playing with my grandkids and paying my telco bill to surf SBF!

VoicesWithin 08-09-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juzz06 (Post 20203116)
Try this out. Go on leave for a week and see if you can manage to survive $100 a day including utility and transport and meals. That will give you an indication of how much you need in today’s dollar. Add inflation to it and that will be the amount you need.

Personally 100 is quite enough for 2 with maybe $10 to spare a day.

$100 a day works out to be $3000 a month for a couple. Or $1500 a person a month. It is congruent with the studies.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...single-elderly

It is an achievable figure and a respectable amount. Very realistic. Can't try it now bec I am loaded with kids. They skew the numbers. But i suspect my expenditure will be the same as yours. Thanks for sharing bro.

snooker 08-09-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

In Singapore with a fully paid property, you will need to have at least $1.5 million in cash to retire

In Malaysia, u need to invest in RM$1 million property to qualify for MM2H retirement program and SGD$1 million cash should be enough to retire.

In Thailand, you will need to put a sum of $$ (approx SGD$40K) in their bank and show proof of pension (minimum SGD$500) to qualify for retirement program (many Singaporean do not qualify as we do not have pension unless u are a minister)

VoicesWithin 08-09-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snooker (Post 20203231)
In Singapore with a fully paid property, you will need to have at least $1.5 million in cash to retire

No offence bro, but this is what I mean by small boy talk. Gin na pak elastic. I am nearing the end of my career and I have not seen many (or any) of my peers with $1.5m in cash IN ADDITION to a fully paid property. Sure, there are rich people in Sg. Maybe only 10% of Sg population or approx 350,000 citizens have it, and I haven't had the good fortune of meeting any of them?

When you say "you will need", the assumption is 100% of Singapore citizens must have it IN ORDER to retire, which is not realistic.

My question is what is YOUR OWN (realistic) retirement plan?

loneyheart 08-09-2020 11:43 AM

Just hope u dum get any sickness n hospitalise tat will wipe out all yr retire saving ...SG can die cannot sick
If not 1.3 to 1.5 monthly will b enough to go thru simple life

VoicesWithin 08-09-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loneyheart (Post 20203264)
Just hope u dum get any sickness n hospitalise tat will wipe out all yr retire saving ...SG can die cannot sick
If not 1.3 to 1.5 monthly will b enough to go thru simple life

Too cliche bro. Buy medical insurance. Monthly premiums are about $400-$700 a month depending on age. Whatever illness and hospital bills will be paid e.g. a $70k cancer treatment. I believe it can be paid from CPF MA account

loneyheart 08-09-2020 11:50 AM

Too old n no extra cash to buy

VoicesWithin 08-09-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loneyheart (Post 20203278)
Too old n no extra cash to buy

CPF MA account. You still can't touch your CPF MA after 65 LOL. Other than to buy hospital insurance. So might as well buy.

attilio2003 08-09-2020 12:00 PM

bro in your estimation. the 1.5mil is for one person or a couple? if for one person that mean need est 3 mil for a couple to retire?

also does your 1.5mil est include the CPF life retirement sum?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoicesWithin (Post 20203261)
No offence bro, but this is what I mean by small boy talk. Gin na pak elastic. I am nearing the end of my career and I have not seen many (or any) of my peers with $1.5m in cash IN ADDITION to a fully paid property. Sure, there are rich people in Sg. Maybe only 10% of Sg population or approx 350,000 citizens have it, and I haven't had the good fortune of meeting any of them?

When you say "you will need", the assumption is 100% of Singapore citizens must have it IN ORDER to retire, which is not realistic.

stoicism 08-09-2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoicesWithin (Post 20203261)

Actually my number is quite close ($1.6mil). And I think it is exactly that many singaporeans don't have that number that's why they keep working as long as they possibly can.

Basically $1.5-1.6 per person is what you will need realistically to stop working right away with no concern about long term retirement (i.e. financial independence). For anyone who doesn't have that number it means that their savings, however much they currently have will, may not be able to last them in perpetuity.

Of course if you know exactly when you will die, then you don't need to plan for financial independence in perpetuity, in which case you can likely get by with a much smaller number.

I Love Boobs 08-09-2020 01:42 PM

Most Singaporeans can expect to be washing dishes and pushing trolleys at Changi airport well into their 80s.
Oops, I forgot. Changi airport and SQ have been ass-fucked by Covid....
The only guys who can afford to retire are in the laundry business at the CBD...
Enjoy!

Angmolover 08-09-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Only an idiot will retire in Singapore

Xgenre 08-09-2020 02:55 PM

How much you need depends on your idea of retirement. If you intend to stay home only or travel the world, of course you will need more money.

After 2 months of CB, many friends I know are scared of not having anything to do. Watch tv/netflix can also watch until scared. I jokingly asked if they still plan for FIRE (Financial Independence, Retire Early). If retirement means to stop working and stay home, then this kind of retirement is just waiting for the time to die.

I do have friends who are retired. Some rent out 1 or 2 rooms so that they don't live alone. If a heart attack occurs, at least have someone around to call for an ambulance. Rental income good for retirement too. Some drive grab because they can find riders to chat with, everyday go different places, can cover rent/petrol/daily expenses is enough. Plus they have a car to drive around during retirement. 1 guy I know drives 8 am to 12 noon, lunch and go home take afternoon nap, drives 4 pm to 8 pm, then drink beer at the coffeeshop downstairs before sleeping at 11 pm. He is quite happy and has yet to touch his retirement savings.

But retirees should be careful of China/Viet/Indo/beer girls lah. Many are butterflies trying to suck honey from as many old men as possible. Don't try to be possessive over such butterflies because old men like to throw money at butterflies so that that butterfly only suck his honey.

blastit 08-09-2020 03:03 PM

Guys, with all these numbers, do bear in mind to factor in inflation of about 2-3% yearly.

May not seem much per year but if we look into 10 years, looking at close to having only 75% of your money's value.

datableach 08-09-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blastit (Post 20203564)
Guys, with all these numbers, do bear in mind to factor in inflation of about 2-3% yearly.

May not seem much per year but if we look into 10 years, looking at close to having only 75% of your money's value.

With this type of fucking greedy government, we'll be lucky to have 75%

itguy2008 08-09-2020 03:09 PM

Interesting topic. I have 5 rules when it comes to planning my retirement.

1. Don't depend on the government. No government regardless Singapore or where in the world, will plan my retirement for me. If they do, they are just passing the shit to my kids.

2. Choose 3 locations to retire. Depending on how much I achieve, then I plan where to retire. So now I plan one nice place, two third world countries aka Singapore, Australia and Malaysia. Any countries that is ang moh managed to me is a third world country including USA or Europe. Anytime can go bankrupt one. Not safe. Just as bad as Malaysia.

3. Must make sure I have health and death insurance fully paid for and internationally transferrable. This one hard but can be done.

4. Buy a house in each of the 3 locations and ideally a passive income. In Singapore, my passive income will become my CPF la. In Australia and Malaysia, after selling my HDB can buy 2 to 3 properties la to live on rental la. Not prime area hor. More like the student centric locations.

5. Make sure I finished and tired of womanising. Too expensive a hobby. hahaha.

Destin6wU 08-09-2020 03:29 PM

I doing planning and I find most Singaporean aren’t afraid to retire less. Which is quite worrying. Imagine 60 and above you’re still working at coffeeshop cleaning table. Not that is wrong or bad, but won’t people want to have a life comfortably enjoy sitting back, travel and play with grandkids?

What’s your dream of retirement like?☺️

VoicesWithin 08-09-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoicism (Post 20203319)
Actually my number is quite close ($1.6mil). And I think it is exactly that many singaporeans don't have that number that's why they keep working as long as they possibly can.

Basically $1.5-1.6 per person is what you will need realistically to stop working right away with no concern about long term retirement (i.e. financial independence). For anyone who doesn't have that number it means that their savings, however much they currently have will, may not be able to last them in perpetuity.

Of course if you know exactly when you will die, then you don't need to plan for financial independence in perpetuity, in which case you can likely get by with a much smaller number.

Bro stoicism, may I ask why you need $1.6m at 65 yrs y.o? You got wife and kids?

VoicesWithin 08-09-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xgenre (Post 20203550)
After 2 months of CB, many friends I know are scared of not having anything to do. Watch tv/netflix can also watch until scared. I jokingly asked if they still plan for FIRE (Financial Independence, Retire Early). If retirement means to stop working and stay home, then this kind of retirement is just waiting for the time to die.

I do have friends who are retired. Some rent out 1 or 2 rooms so that they don't live alone. If a heart attack occurs, at least have someone around to call for an ambulance. Rental income good for retirement too. Some drive grab because they can find riders to chat with, everyday go different places, can cover rent/petrol/daily expenses is enough. Plus they have a car to drive around during retirement. 1 guy I know drives 8 am to 12 noon, lunch and go home take afternoon nap, drives 4 pm to 8 pm, then drink beer at the coffeeshop downstairs before sleeping at 11 pm. He is quite happy and has yet to touch his retirement savings.

Practical. Good share. Nothing to do also damn boring. I also plan to rent out a room after the kids move out. Get some income. Not so lonely. Hopefully rent to a SYT if the wife approves! Lol

REDDEVILS7 08-09-2020 04:15 PM

if you dont over commit on your properties, your monthly CPF life payout (1k to 2k) should be enough for your daily expense. The rest of your cash will be for your entertainment and overseas travel.
N Mmke sure you have hospital and health coverage

BushTracker 08-09-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieCorkStand (Post 20203087)
with $2m investible cash in property and blue chips dividends stocks at 5% pa low to mimddle risk profile which gives u $100K annually to spend will be a decent live style that I would like to have , bare min,

if not I think will be quite like waiting for the day to come and meaningless in life liao:D

not if you factor in inflation.

Destin6wU 08-09-2020 04:45 PM

2020 Full Retirement Sum requires $181,000.
2021 will be $186,000.
2022 will be $192,000.

For people born in 1960. In 2020.
CPF Life $30,000
Standard Plan - M $239, F $256
Escalating Plan - M $193, F $208
Basic Plan - M $228, F $243

Lets take this year $181,000 balance in Retirement Account(RA).
Standard Plan - M $1,176, F $1,267
Escalating Plan - M $927, F $1,008
Basic Plan - M $1,067, F $1,153

So to withdraw $1,000 a month, you need $181,000 in 2020.
If you’re still young and planning. By the time 2040 it’ll be close to $250,000?
Always do plans to beat inflation.☺️☺️☺️

BroTrustMyWords 11-09-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Having solid passive incomes can lead to good retirement benefits.

jacky43 12-09-2020 05:24 PM

A 65 + colleague told me. He took his $ with % still stuck in CPF. There is a monthly payout of $1700. He said actually dont need to work. I am kind did not ask a mother of all Q.

Why dont he stay at home? TCSS. Local joke. He worked to pass the time. I dont believe him. Back to this 55 yrs retirement plans. From what i gather from people who taken CPF $. Based on past 2 yrs.

There is only one option. Withdraw the $ generate by how much based on gov policy. Or decide not to because dont need to $ as at now. The CPF accounts has good interests.

CPF dont really worked in the long term. Founding father said 20 yrs ago. The CPF $ is for the next generation. Dont think over it. Given a chance to change the sys we are scare. Now is too late. There is not much 10 opp MP can do.

By the way. Sabah GE on 26 Sep. On news. 73 seats 5 corner fights. All the time I though Sabah is like Sentosa. I was wronged. On the records. We have 93 seats. 10 won by the hammer.

How big is Sabah compare to this red dot? 2 times the size? Please tell me.

TMNT99 16-09-2020 02:29 PM

I have a good way for an employee like myself. Max out your CPF SA as early as possible, even prioritise it over your HDB loan payment. The compounded interest in SA :)is just amazing. I was lucky to achieve that 8 years ago, and now I get in excess of 8k interest every year. and thinking that cpf will also pay interest next year on this 8k interest just brings a smile to my face.